C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Into the future: 2063-67

Old 07-01-2015, 03:35 PM
ifitgoesfast
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Into the future: 2063-67

I'll be in my 90's by then, and most likely still have the '64 vert I've had since I was 16. But what happens to the rest of these old Corvettes? Will anyone remember them? Once in a blue moon, I'll see a 100 year old car putting down the street where I live. It's a nice country road, which might be a neighbor of mine. How about 100 year old Corvettes? Will someone keep C1's or C2's on the road so far into the future? What if they have flying cars by then?
Old 07-01-2015, 04:10 PM
tbarb
Safety Car

Received 562 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast
I'll be in my 90's by then, and most likely still have the '64 vert I've had since I was 16. But what happens to the rest of these old Corvettes? Will anyone remember them? Once in a blue moon, I'll see a 100 year old car putting down the street where I live. It's a nice country road, which might be a neighbor of mine. How about 100 year old Corvettes? Will someone keep C1's or C2's on the road so far into the future? What if they have flying cars by then?

“Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.” Don't worry about the future and waste the present, enjoy your hobbie now...
Old 07-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

I doubt that you will be able to buy gasoline for it by then, and I also think that the governazis will legislate older cars out of street use by then (too unsafe, can't be certified to "current" requirements, can't meet emissions regs, etc - heck some would like to do it now), and insurance companies won't sell a product that allows them to be used on the road.

You might be able to trailer them to a closed track where you can take short, slow laps once a year.

All cars will be jointly-owned, GPS-driven, all electric, time-shares, and you will have to coordinate your trips with at least one other person to take it on the road.

I'm not optimistic, in other words.

Get notified of new replies

To Into the future: 2063-67

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Into the future: 2063-67