C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Insurance Help for Collector Cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 10:55 AM
MyLastCorvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance Help for Collector Cars

Just wondering if any of you folks have your Collector Vehicles insured with Heacock.

I'm in the process of filling out the paperwork with photos; We have agreed on a value, just wondering if any members have any input into dealing with this company? Thank You, MLC
Old 07-06-2015, 07:25 PM
VOIPGUY
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Been with them since 2008 and my rates have stayed relatively flat with no claims made.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:37 AM
C1-Curt
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MyLastCorvette
Just wondering if any of you folks have your Collector Vehicles insured with Heacock.

I'm in the process of filling out the paperwork with photos; We have agreed on a value, just wondering if any members have any input into dealing with this company? Thank You, MLC
I have had them in the past, no claims but they seemed to be good. They used to have an office in Tn so when they left Tn I moved to NCM.

When I used Heacock they used to use American Modern to back them and I found the Corvette Museum Insurance also uses American Modern and the prices seemed to be the same.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:02 AM
C1-Curt
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the input, collector insurance is something new to myself...MLC
Be sure to go with the agreed value option with who ever you go with, that way if it is a total loss you get the agreed value and not what the tell you it was worth I have my 3 older Corvettes insured for agreed value of 95k each and I need to increase the coverage on my latest 56 project.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Tooth Doctor
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 201 Posts

My fully restored '57 Bel-air 2 door hardtop was stolen in April. I had an agreed value policy with American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida. It took 3 months but they paid up last week. I've been with them since 2005 and never had a claim until now.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:56 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 830 Likes on 574 Posts

Thank You Folks, I'm in "Uncharted" territory with this insurance thing.

A friend some years back had a 75 L-82 4-sp restored. He totaled it in a roll over accident.

Since he was in the hospital in a coma, his wife asked me to sit in on the adjusters meeting.

I had restored the Corvette, and represented him. I was able to get them from $3500.00 to $10,000.00.

I have a vehicle that if totaled or stolen would be a 60k loss, over the amount they would likely pay; Therefore checking into alternate stated amount policy.

The company has agreed with myself on a value, I was just looking for help with who others have.

Anyone is willing to take one's money, they love that; It's just when it's time to pay up, now that is money of a different kind...
Don't do a stated value....

Do an AGREED VALUE...
Old 07-16-2015, 06:19 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

Here's a really comprehensive article I wrote for Vintage Motorsport magazine on insurance. Collector car insurance can get really complicated.

Richard Newton
Old 07-16-2015, 03:28 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've covered my collector cars with J.C. Taylor for almost 20 years, and they have been great. Rates have remained stable. Every year we update the agreed value of the cars. I've added and deleted cars as they have come and gone, and they are always easy to deal with. I've only had one claim, when I hit a deer 10 years ago with a 1972 V-12 Jaguar XKE coupe. They sent out an adjuster quickly, we settled the amount fast, and I got a check in hand before the restoration started. And no jump in rates after the claim. I'm very pleased with them, and found their rates good when I've shopped around. Just a thought.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:41 PM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

Speaking from experience, American Modern is a stand up Insurance Company!

Paul Naber in Ohio was the adjuster. Also a stand up guy!

I'll stay with them as long as they'll have me.

Get notified of new replies

To Insurance Help for Collector Cars

Quick Reply: Insurance Help for Collector Cars