C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Look what i found '64 vette

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 05:04 PM
R. Seghi
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Look what i found '64 vette

Or maybe it found me. Ya see the story goes like this. I was in my garage one early evening putting tools away, yeah right. We know that I never got to that. And a neighbor was on his evening walk and walked by my garage and saw my '66 vette. Well he came walking back and asked if he could look at my vette. I said "sure" and we introduced ourselves and got to talking. He then said "I have a vette in my backyard". I said "Oh nice, what do you plan to do with it?" He said "I'm gonna sell it". My ears picked up and said that we should go look at, I MIGHT be interested in it. HEHEH MIGHT. I can't act too interested but I was knawing at the bit.
So here is what I saw. The motor is a real 1970 454 LS6 with 60,000 miles, not rebuilt, carb. to pan. Flares were done by a Body Shop, wheels and tires were new in the '80's. It also comes with two rebuilt Muncie 4 speeds. Couldn't dig through the **** in the car to see so we'll assume for now that they are just M20's. And 4 new fenders from GM unused.
What would you guess that it's worth?
Attached Images    

Last edited by R. Seghi; 07-12-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:06 PM
R. Seghi
Burning Brakes

And the car has been sitting right here since 1992. It was his driver. I have lived in my house for 18+ years and never new it was there and only around the corner. Now how often does THAT happen?
Old 07-12-2015, 05:08 PM
R. Seghi
Burning Brakes

more
Attached Images   
Old 07-12-2015, 05:10 PM
65 fi
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 83 Posts

what are the numbers on the LS6 engine pad?
Old 07-12-2015, 05:11 PM
R. Seghi
Burning Brakes

The inside was just packed with ****, one rebuilt Muncie 4speed and a new exhaust for a small block with mufflers.
Attached Images   
Old 07-12-2015, 05:14 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

You'd better black the license plate # out or someone is going to take it away from you.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,479 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Good frame and birdcage I'm guessing about $20K max. Keep in mind that new fenders will not fix the front end. You will need a upper surround and side fenders.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:24 PM
R. Seghi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MikeM
You'd better black the license plate # out or someone is going to take it away from you.
The car has been off of the DMV records for quite a long time.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:25 PM
R. Seghi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mr D.
Good frame and birdcage I'm guessing about $20K max. Keep in mind that new fenders will not fix the front end. You will need a upper surround and side fenders.
I'm not planning on fixing the fenders, I like the flares.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

20k with good frame and cage at least, probably 25k would get it
Old 07-12-2015, 09:29 PM
R. Seghi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bowtyeguy
20k with good frame and cage at least, probably 25k would get it
We did agree on 25K and I don't think anybody else will pay that because with all of these gay reality shows about flipping cars they all want to insult you with these ridiculously low offers.

Last edited by R. Seghi; 07-22-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:31 PM
R. Seghi
Burning Brakes

I do need to sell my 57 Nomad in order to buy this though. Anybody interested PM me.
Attached Images    
Old 07-12-2015, 10:06 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Default Cool, now you have your road racer and your drag car!

You have it covered! And pretty soon you will have surpassed other enthusiasts who have only pulled one body off within their lifetime!

I guess we had better keep the barn full of old Corvettes a secret from you, that is located three blocks from your house!

well I am always interested in the history, can any info be shared on the Owner and what he did with the car yet? Any event history? Like the annual All Corvette Drags held at OCIR or Ontario? Was he a member of one of the Socal clubs? Did he do any of the weekend autocross racing? did the Owner have any cool trophies, plaques, literature, jackets, patches, entry lists, etc. from the Corvette clubs that he is selling to you related to his owning the car? Or old pictures??????????

454 cool! The hood was modified with a C3 L88 styled hood scoop! tires clearanced in the front could mean some autox history, but then he could have had it raked or lowered, or the big block put the tires on the fenders! The bumpers are all removed for lighter weight. The exhaust layout under the car has to be interesting based on those tail pipes, and he has the strong 200mph Daisy American mags! All cool!

Unless some significant history that would dictate the direction of the build turns up! I would smooth it out and candy apple red the darn thing beautifully leaving bumpers off, pinstripe it with gold, and letter your name with gold leaf on the door and a cool street warrior name in gold leaf and engine built by maybe Ed Pink, get a real C3 L88 hood with hood pins to lift it off, bigger period correct drag meats on the back and put ball joint spacers on the front to raise it some and some skinnies! And make a Van Nuys Boulevard cruising warrior out of it!

So you now have your nasty Mulholland Drive Racer and now your pretty Van Nuys Boulevard drag match race cruiser!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 07-12-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:35 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr D.
20k I agree. Whether you like the flares or not they are a hit on the value. More than that is the question about the grill fits. Is the whole front end a wreck?

Now- it is a very cool story! And, you know, it IS the best single year of Corvette production...
Old 07-12-2015, 11:18 PM
R. Seghi
Burning Brakes

WHOA TC, YOUR GOIN' OFF THE DEEP END. It has no history like that which you have depicted. It was a daily cruiser around town for awhile.
It has sat in the backyard of his house since '92.

Originally Posted by TCracingCA
You have it covered! And pretty soon you will have surpassed other enthusiasts who have only pulled one body off within their lifetime!

I guess we had better keep the barn full of old Corvettes a secret from you, that is located three blocks from your house!

well I am always interested in the history, can any info be shared on the Owner and what he did with the car yet? Any event history? Like the annual All Corvette Drags held at OCIR or Ontario? Was he a member of one of the Socal clubs? Did he do any of the weekend autocross racing? did the Owner have any cool trophies, plaques, literature, jackets, patches, entry lists, etc. from the Corvette clubs that he is selling to you related to his owning the car? Or old pictures??????????

454 cool! The hood was modified with a C3 L88 styled hood scoop! tires clearanced in the front could mean some autox history, but then he could have had it raked or lowered, or the big block put the tires on the fenders! The bumpers are all removed for lighter weight. The exhaust layout under the car has to be interesting based on those tail pipes, and he has the strong 200mph Daisy American mags! All cool!

Unless some significant history that would dictate the direction of the build turns up! I would smooth it out and candy apple red the darn thing beautifully leaving bumpers off, pinstripe it with gold, and letter your name with gold leaf on the door and a cool street warrior name in gold leaf and engine built by maybe Ed Pink, get a real C3 L88 hood with hood pins to lift it off, bigger period correct drag meats on the back and put ball joint spacers on the front to raise it some and some skinnies! And make a Van Nuys Boulevard cruising warrior out of it!

So you now have your nasty Mulholland Drive Racer and now your pretty Van Nuys Boulevard drag match race cruiser!
Old 07-13-2015, 12:13 AM
jackal396
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019
2015 C1 of the Year Finalist

Great find with the corvette.

jp
Old 07-13-2015, 12:15 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Default Just a lesson that probably won't be appreciated

but someone who owned that thing was or had done some unique modifications, things that were the trends of the era prior to it being parked!

when an Owner has let it stay parked since 1992 and is now selling it, that is when the interesting ownership history tends to go into the trash next, as soon as you tow it off of the lot. Naturally an owner who is losing a car that was probably a dream or passion at one time, unfortunately the stories and the history are probably essentially in the trash already mentally with this Owner, so it never hurts to try to extract or inquiry further. i think others will come on here in your new thread and totally agree with what i just said. you are fairly new to this Corvette thing, just trying to do you a favor! The history can be very valuable and highly interesting to have, and sometimes you only get one shot at it, the day you purchase it!

PS I also realize that you have not pulled the trigger, and you have another project or several going!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 07-13-2015 at 12:54 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Look what i found '64 vette

Old 07-13-2015, 12:40 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,900 Likes on 883 Posts

Always fun to read threads like these.

Hopefully you can close the deal. Better just buy it, and then worry about selling the Nomad. That thing won't sit there too long if he starts talking to other people about it.

Also, the flares are appropriate!

Good luck,

Pat
Old 07-13-2015, 01:01 AM
R. Seghi
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=ptjsk;1590036555]Always fun to read threads like these.

Hopefully you can close the deal. Better just buy it, and then worry about selling the Nomad. That thing won't sit there too long if he starts talking to other people about it.

Also, the flares are appropriate!

Good luck,

He's my neighbor and no one knows about it. I can't just go buy it, I'm not shot in the *** with diamonds.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:08 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,900 Likes on 883 Posts

He's my neighbor and no one knows about it. I can't just go buy it, I'm not shot in the *** with diamonds.[/QUOTE]

Dammit man!!! Go collect some cans then...real quickly! LOL!!

Yea, unfortunately I know what you mean!

It just seems when there's too much time lagging..... the seller may begin to have second thoughts, or begin to question his agreed upon sale price.

In the end, I hope you get the car!

Quick Reply: Look what i found '64 vette