C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

The Car is Packed and Corvettes at Carlisle Awaits

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 05:46 PM
jasonsamara
Safety Car

Received 746 Likes on 243 Posts

I will get in contact with him and see if that works. He lives 2 minutes off of I-68 and old 40 so it wouldn't be a big detour. I will try to get in contact with him in the next few days and let you know. I could also have the original owner of my 66 there to. We have our little car click.

Originally Posted by Jackfit
Hi , thanks, I should have my route down in a day or so. I know I will be in the Annapolis area on the 31st, Monday. More details later.

One of the members may have a little get together....who lives in the area.

Flash !

Just checked my route and Cumberland MD will be on my way from Pittsburgh via Route 40....scenic way to MD . Let him know I will be on road on Monday , August 31, in his area around 10-12 depending on traffic in Pittsburgh. It would be nice to stop at that time take a break... Please let him know details and if we can meet for some photos stories....

Jack
Old 08-11-2015, 10:41 AM
gccch
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonsamara
I will get in contact with him and see if that works. He lives 2 minutes off of I-68 and old 40 so it wouldn't be a big detour. I will try to get in contact with him in the next few days and let you know. I could also have the original owner of my 66 there to. We have our little car click.
Jack,
I love to see you putting miles on your Corvette like this. I am not a long time owner but have been a fan of the Corvette since childhood. I am now in the middle of a frame off on a 64 which hopefully will allow me to do some travelling at some point. Looking at your route I have one small suggestion. You pass through Worcester on the way back. If it happens to be a Friday, take route 190 north rather than 290. Stop at Kimball Farms in Lancaster for the Friday night cruise in. Great food and ice cream and lots of great cars. If you want to drop by and give me advice on my project I would love to hear about your trip!

Best of luck!
Greg
Old 08-11-2015, 11:09 AM
ifitgoesfast
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

That's something else. What a trip. But where are you gonna put the tool set?

I miss your 30+ year by 1 year (owned since 1986), but my car isn't running right now so maybe next time (I'm in NJ).

Good luck! Hope you can post pics along the way. Road trips are cool, in an old Corvette, even better. BTW, the 202 is a nice scenic route between PA and NJ with some old towns and antique stores somewhere around New Hope, PA, but the driving is stop and go at times.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 408 Likes on 262 Posts

Default I love projects

Originally Posted by gccch
Jack,
I love to see you putting miles on your Corvette like this. I am not a long time owner but have been a fan of the Corvette since childhood. I am now in the middle of a frame off on a 64 which hopefully will allow me to do some travelling at some point. Looking at your route I have one small suggestion. You pass through Worcester on the way back. If it happens to be a Friday, take route 190 north rather than 290. Stop at Kimball Farms in Lancaster for the Friday night cruise in. Great food and ice cream and lots of great cars. If you want to drop by and give me advice on my project I would love to hear about your trip!

Best of luck!
Greg
My son went to WPI......8 years of school and rowing . I know the area, and may pass through. Let me know where you are....I enjoy meeting owners....new or old...many of my hosts on my trips did not own their cars for 30 years...but they had nice cars and better houses....just kidding...

Thanks for the interest...

Jack
Old 08-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default At this point I am not so fussy....

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast

I miss your 30+ year by 1 year (owned since 1986), but my car isn't running right now so maybe next time (I'm in NJ).

Good luck! Hope you can post pics along the way. Road trips are cool, in an old Corvette, even better. BTW, the 202 is a nice scenic route between PA and NJ with some old towns and antique stores somewhere around New Hope, PA, but the driving is stop and go at times.
Hi See my post just below....I allow near misses......

All are welcome to join my little party.....where in NJ as I have seen some great cars there. I will be hitting NJ on the way back north around Sept 2-5 depending on stops

Jack
Old 08-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Here is what it looked like before I packed the car. This was for the 90 day 48 State Trip

Hi, Well, the car is done mechanically and today we packed a 66 roadster with gear to keep me going for 3 months. I leave on the morning tide. a long awaited 48 state journey with my car.

I thank all of the forum members who have helped me many times over the last 2 years. It will really fun to meet many of you in the upcoming months. I hope some of you, (you know who) have been doing their little timetables about their car and life.

Members who I may visit on my trip, be a little patient with me for the first week or so. I am using new computer and internet stuff for this trip and it will take a little time to get it all working on the road.

Thanks again, see you soon

Jack

PS

I am including three links for those who wish to follow the adventure.

One is the projected route and actual one :

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,86.044922&z=4

This is my blog where I will post daily events and travels
you can follow my trip and travel dates to states by clicking on the link (travel calender) just below the picture of the car.

http://jackpanzica.blogspot.com/

I thought you might like to see what it looks like to pack for the trip

Old 08-12-2015, 12:55 AM
65wave
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 59 Posts

Default stolen gas caps

please be aware of thieves stealing gas caps, or anything thats not nailed down on unattended cars during any or all car shows. this has been a problem in the past.

Last edited by 65wave; 08-12-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:38 PM
ifitgoesfast
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

where in NJ as I have seen some great cars there. I will be hitting NJ on the way back north around Sept 2-5 depending on stops

Jack
I'm right by Summit, close to 287 which turns into 87 and goes up into NY. I have a '64 vert L76 (born) which was originally Daytona Blue/dark blue but bright blue now, and after storing it in a shed back in Texas over 25 years it's pretty worn and tired. Looked good back in the 80's, but not so great after all that time.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm right by Summit, close to 287 which turns into 87 and goes up into NY. I have a '64 vert L76 (born) which was originally Daytona Blue/dark blue but bright blue now, and after storing it in a shed back in Texas over 25 years it's pretty worn and tired. Looked good back in the 80's, but not so great after all that time.
Hi, sounds like my kind of car, used and a history. I will post a map soon with general route south to Pa-Ohio and back

Keep in touch

Jack
Old 08-12-2015, 10:27 PM
jasonsamara
Safety Car

Received 746 Likes on 243 Posts

Hi , thanks, I should have my route down in a day or so. I know I will be in the Annapolis area on the 31st, Monday. More details later.

One of the members may have a little get together....who lives in the area.

Flash !

Just checked my route and Cumberland MD will be on my way from Pittsburgh via Route 40....scenic way to MD . Let him know I will be on road on Monday , August 31, in his area around 10-12 depending on traffic in Pittsburgh. It would be nice to stop at that time take a break... Please let him know details and if we can meet for some photos stories....

Jack
Check your PM
Old 08-14-2015, 09:16 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Party Time !

Hi to all, a good friend is having a little party for me after Corvettes at Carlisle. Here is his post, (need to drive your car) the contact info is in the post.

For those of you that have tuned into the Forum for the past few years, I'm sure you've followed the adventures of "Jackfit", the self-proclaimed "Corvette Vagabond" and his 2010 48-State trip around the USA, followed up by his 2012 trip throughout Europe! Well, Jack's packing the car once again and hittin' the road in a week or so for a mini-trip around the Northeast and Mid Atlantic (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...tes-await.html) to take in Corvettes @ Carlisle and to visit family and friends along the way.

Jack's trip will take him to the Baltimore area late this month, and he's graciously accepted and invitation to stay with my wife and I on Monday night, August 31st. To celebrate Jack's return to the area, I'm planning a casual cookout (just the basic "food groups" . . . burgers, brats and brews!) for a small group (15-20 guys) of local Forum members that RSVP (first come, first served) to tomaustin52@yahoo.com.

Please note the only REQUIREMENT . . . you must bring your Corvette (rain or shine). NOTE: Jack is particularly interested in meeting you if you've owned your Corvette for 30+ years (I already have 3 guys planning to attend who are over 40 years!). Not to worry guys . . . I live in a small, quiet, well lit cul-de-sac and can accommodate 6-7 cars in my driveway, and my neighbors will likely surrender their driveways for the night as well.

So . . . clear your calendars and shoot me an email quickly . . . it will be a night to remember! I guarantee it! I look forward to seeing you on the 31st!

Tom
Old 08-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default The Car is Packed and Corvettes at Carlisle Await !

Hi , travel update.

I will be in Lexington MA around 10 am on Thursday, August 20, 2015. It will be my first stop on my way to Carlisle via Ohio.

I am stopping to see 58 and 67 Corvettes that that have been in the family for more than 40 years. If you have a C-1 or C-2 and would like to say hello and have me add it to my Corvette Vagabond documentary on long time owners.

If you live in the Boston area and want to joint the fun for an hour or so PM me for details.

From Lexington, at 12 or 1 pm , I head to Bridgewater , MA , Ed Johnson's shop get my car on a lift for last minute fixes and inspection for the trip. If you live south of Boston , PM me for details if you want to say hello at Ed's place.

Jack

On my last trip I was treated to this little jewel owned by a host in Louisiana. I hope to see your special car ....PM me to see if you live on route.

This baby lives on Cape Cod , MA

Old 08-18-2015, 05:56 PM
gccch
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

My son went to WPI......8 years of school and rowing . I know the area, and may pass through. Let me know where you are....I enjoy meeting owners....new or old...many of my hosts on my trips did not own their cars for 30 years...but they had nice cars and better houses....just kidding...

Thanks for the interest...

Jack
Jack,
We are in West Boylston, exit 4 off I-190. Let me know if you care to stop by on your way back. And if it is a Friday you can hit the Kimballs cruise.

Greg
Old 08-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gccch
Jack,
We are in West Boylston, exit 4 off I-190. Let me know if you care to stop by on your way back. And if it is a Friday you can hit the Kimballs cruise.

Greg
Hi Grey, thanks....I don't know yet how I am returning , it will depend on traffic and how my rear end is holding up....not the cars....mine...

I will be posting with my progress...

Jack
Old 08-19-2015, 06:21 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default The Car is Packed and Corvettes at Carlisle Await ! Travel update

I will leaving ME tomorrow Thursday, 20th, heading for Lexington MA, and Bridgewater MA.
Work on car in MA and leave Friday ,21st for Columbus , Ohio.....
Leave Ohio for Parts unknown on Monday 8/24 Tuesday 8/24
Leave parts unknown for Pittsburgh , stay with son, 8/26
Leave Pittsburgh on 27th early am for Carlisle.
Leave Carlisle for Pittsburgh Sat afternoon to go back to Pittsburgh till Monday am, 31st...
Leave Pittsburgh...head to MD for party at 5 pm......lots of driving.... Monday , 31st...
Visit friends in MD on Sept 1-2 , head to ME via NJ/CT/NH/MA I think Sept 3-5.....

I don't know yet where I am staying as I cross PA on the way to Ohio
and I may be lost in southwestern Ohio / PA for 8/24-25..
or on the 21st as I dash across NY, PA, on the way to Ohio, so if you want me to photo your car and say hello....let me know

I hope we meet at Carlisle....I will phone will my location (Fun Field) once I get there...207-838-5695 cell

Jack

Ohio and PA just like I imagined.....

Last edited by Jackfit; 08-19-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:48 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

First Day On Road To Carlisle. Lots of stories to tell. Computer down , post pictures tomorrow

Saw 58, 65, 63,63,63,03,04

Can only post on picture on phone. I leave for Columbus , Ohio tomorrow, and will be on Route 70 in PA by afternoon, looking for a place to land, PM me if you want me to stop by .

Jack
Attached Images  
Old 08-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
pdpratt (07-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To The Car is Packed and Corvettes at Carlisle Awaits

Old 08-21-2015, 06:49 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Wow What fun!!

Have been reading about your travels. I appreciate your updates. I hope to meet you at Carlisle. I have not owned my 67 for 40 years, but have documentation back to 74', and have an original no hit car. It will be easy to spot on the display field. I think it will be the only documented 3spd car with factory ordered side exh. Tank sticker. Safe travels.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:25 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default 12 hours and at Carlisle....I know, I know, a week early!,

hi great day....12 hours on road.....details later...car ran great, real tired, near Carlisle. may post later but computer not happy

Jack
Old 08-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Route 22 PA

A little shade for both of us!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: The Car is Packed and Corvettes at Carlisle Awaits