C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Car Carrier Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 09:57 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Default Car Carrier Recommendations?

I need to transport a 1965 Roadster from San Francisco to Portland Oregon. Does anybody have any recommendations as to a car carrier?

If all goes well, I should be in the C2 club by next week.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,033 Likes on 672 Posts

Jack - This question comes up frequently, probably a lot of recommendations in the archives. Personally I've used Intercity twice and had very good service both times. I grew up in San Francisco, tell us about the new acquisition.

Mike T - Prescott AZ
Old 07-23-2015, 11:50 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks. Its a 65' L76 in Nassau Blue (frame off resto). A fellow forum member that is in the area is going to check it out. If the car gets a clean bill of health, then I will fly down there buy the car and have it shipped back.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:12 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

When you contact a transport company always ask them if they own trucks. A lot of these companies that come up on Google are brokers who sell your load to a person who actually owns a truck.

You can also check the company out by using the DOT number. DOT records will tell you have many times they've been cited for equipment violations.

It's all here in an article I did for Vintage Motorsport magazine.

Richard Newton
Old 07-24-2015, 07:17 AM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rfn026
When you contact a transport company always ask them if they own trucks. A lot of these companies that come up on Google are brokers who sell your load to a person who actually owns a truck.

You can also check the company out by using the DOT number. DOT records will tell you have many times they've been cited for equipment violations.

It's all here in an article I did for Vintage Motorsport magazine.

Richard Newton
Interesting and informative article. During your quest and research, do you have any recommendations of one that I could use?
Old 07-24-2015, 02:40 PM
93RubyRedCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 641 Likes on 364 Posts

use Intercity and have peace of mind. they aren't a penny more than any of the competitors, but they treat the cars and the owners like royalty. the drivers call with MORE updates than you want (I know it sounds crazy, but he called me all the time to let me know his progress and his ETA. Great company. I am NOT NOT NOT NOT a fan at all of the company with the orange trucks. ....lol.....
Old 07-24-2015, 04:39 PM
intercity lines
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Thank you

Hi 93RubyRedCoupe,

Thank you for the kind words and recommendation. We as a team take a lot of pride in our business, so it means a lot.

Thank you once again and thank you for your business,
Dean
Originally Posted by 93RubyRedCoupe
use Intercity and have peace of mind. they aren't a penny more than any of the competitors, but they treat the cars and the owners like royalty. the drivers call with MORE updates than you want (I know it sounds crazy, but he called me all the time to let me know his progress and his ETA. Great company. I am NOT NOT NOT NOT a fan at all of the company with the orange trucks. ....lol.....
Old 07-24-2015, 04:41 PM
intercity lines

Default Thank you

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the recommendation and your business. Randy is a great driver and we're glad you had him. He's been hauling cars with us for over a million miles!

Have a great weekend,
Dean

Originally Posted by Vet65te
Jack - This question comes up frequently, probably a lot of recommendations in the archives. Personally I've used Intercity twice and had very good service both times. I grew up in San Francisco, tell us about the new acquisition.

Mike T - Prescott AZ
Old 07-24-2015, 04:50 PM
93RubyRedCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 641 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by intercity lines
Hi 93RubyRedCoupe,

Thank you for the kind words and recommendation. We as a team take a lot of pride in our business, so it means a lot.

Thank you once again and thank you for your business,
Dean
Dean,
It's ARA from Florida. You have transported MORE than one car for me...Have been very pleased each and every time I have used you. Thanks. ARA
Old 07-24-2015, 05:01 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by intercity lines
Hi Mike,

Thank you for the recommendation and your business. Randy is a great driver and we're glad you had him. He's been hauling cars with us for over a million miles!

Have a great weekend,
Dean
I called you guys today and you stated that you don't drive this route. Was I missinformed?
Old 07-24-2015, 08:05 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JackTripper
I called you guys today and you stated that you don't drive this route. Was I missinformed?
Intercity......?
Old 07-27-2015, 09:48 AM
intercity lines

Originally Posted by JackTripper
Intercity......?
JackTripper,

Thanks for the follow up. There are areas of the country that we do not service due to the lack of work and hence the lack of timing we can offer you on a move. Up and down the West coast is one of those regions, we just would not be able to give you good availability with timing and honestly we do not want to give you bad service.

Thanks,
Jim
Intercity Lines

Get notified of new replies

To Car Carrier Recommendations?

Quick Reply: Car Carrier Recommendations?