C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

NOS parts barn find

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:18 AM
Beggers
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Default NOS parts barn find

My buddy Steve, whom owns Dynamic Corvettes here in Saginaw stumbled on a mother load of NOS and used C1 and C2 parts yesterday. Quite an interesting story, he was contacted over the weekend out of the blue, from the widow of a fellow whom owned a corvette shop that had closed up back in 79, the shop specialized in C1 and C2 cars, much like Steve's shop. The guy had an extensive inventory that until yesterday, had been holed up in his closed shop and attic. She wanted it all gone. Steve ended up buying the complete extent of his inventory and brought it all back to the shop. I got a peak of it today, he has his work cut out to inventory it all. I took a few photos to show you the extent of it below. Steve has bought out a number of old NOS inventory's in the past, but I have to say, he got some neat stuff here. From one off 63 parts, to 58 headlight bezels, lots of new old stock hard to come by parts;

This one already has my name on it:

Battery boxes and original tie downs:

So much more I could show you but you get the idea, quite a find from a call out of the blue. You know your living right when your reputation provides an opportunity like this. Had to share, Brian
Old 07-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

When did you say the yard sale was? What a stash. Love those horn buttons and the NOS grills. Dennis
Old 07-29-2015, 11:29 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

This used to be fairly common. You could walk into a shop that was closing and offer the owner a set price per box. Say $1.00 a box and you would remove everything from the shop. The hope was that you found a few really good things amongst the array of parts.

That all but stopped with the introduction of computerized inventories. Now it's all on a screen and the values listed for each item. I'm glad to see the tradition continue. At least in this case.

btw - I was once the seller in such a deal. When I closed my shop several decades ago the deal was you could have anything and everything in the bays for $35,000. There was no inventory and you had to take everything in the shop. I got the check and ended up with bare walls. It worked for me. I never heard how it worked out for the buyer.

Richard Newton
Rebuilding and Restoring Gauges
Old 07-29-2015, 12:18 PM
ifitgoesfast
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

"But honey, it was a deal of a lifetime, they're NOS! Look, we can park the cars in the driveway, and your parents can park on the street when they visit. Honey, listen, yes, I know. Yes, dear. OK ... OK, I understand, I'll see you when I get rid of it all. OK, dear. I'll miss you ... "
Old 07-29-2015, 12:19 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

Fascinating!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:39 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 705 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Beggers
My buddy Steve, whom owns Dynamic Corvettes here in Saginaw stumbled on a mother load of NOS and used C1 and C2 parts yesterday. Quite an interesting story, he was contacted over the weekend out of the blue, from the widow of a fellow whom owned a corvette shop that had closed up back in 79, the shop specialized in C1 and C2 cars, much like Steve's shop. The guy had an extensive inventory that until yesterday, had been holed up in his closed shop and attic. She wanted it all gone. Steve ended up buying the complete extent of his inventory and brought it all back to the shop. I got a peak of it today, he has his work cut out to inventory it all. I took a few photos to show you the extent of it below. Steve has bought out a number of old NOS inventory's in the past, but I have to say, he got some neat stuff here. From one off 63 parts, to 58 headlight bezels, lots of new old stock hard to come by parts;

This one already has my name on it:

Battery boxes and original tie downs:

So much more I could show you but you get the idea, quite a find from a call out of the blue. You know your living right when your reputation provides an opportunity like this. Had to share, Brian
Wow,Those pictures look a lot like my parts room.I had to go down and check to make sure that someone had not cleaned me out. Nice find for your friend
Old 07-29-2015, 08:03 PM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts

So,
Are these parts for sale, and prices?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Originally Posted by 1960fi
So,
Are these parts for sale, and prices?
Old 07-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Beggers
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Guys, although I did not intend for this thread to end up in the "parts for sale" section, I am getting overwhelmed with pm's for special requests.
I get it, I would be doing the same. I know they are busy inventorying all the parts, in the mean time, all of it is for sale. Steve and his team can be reached at: (Non Supporting Vendor link removed)

They have quite an inventory of c1 and 2 nos parts. Thanks, Brian

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 07-29-2015 at 09:24 PM. Reason: NSV link
Old 07-29-2015, 09:23 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,325 Likes on 2,774 Posts

Originally Posted by Beggers
Guys, although I did not intend for this thread to end up in the "parts for sale" section, I am getting overwhelmed with pm's for special requests.
I get it, I would be doing the same. I know they are busy inventorying all the parts, in the mean time, all of it is for sale. Steve and his team can be reached at: (removed)
They have quite an inventory of c1 and 2 nos parts. Thanks, Brian
Everyone, I apologize for being the bad guy again in such a short period of time, but I must repeat a message I made in a similar C1/C2 thread recently.

While the purchase of this large cache of parts and the photos makes for an interesting thread, please do not conduct sales and commercial activity in the General Discussion area.

Also, in this case, there's a number of issues that run afoul of the Non-Supporting Vendor rules. Just for everyone's information:

-The OP of this thread is not the seller of these parts, and cannot conduct sales of them.
-While it was OK to mention the business that did buy the parts, providing links, numbers and contact information for that business are also against Non Supporting Vendor rules and will be removed.
-The owner/seller of these parts, purchased for resale, would need to become a Forum Supporting Vendor to sell them here. Naturally each part would need to be priced and listed in the Parts For Sale section.

We have had lots of confusion about Non Supporting Vendor/commercial activity and the rules that govern them lately. Please PM me for clarification if you need to.

Meanwhile, please do not conduct business regarding these parts in this thread if we would like to keep it open, thanks.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:16 PM
slyvet63
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Inbox is full

Hello Beggers.
Looks like your inbox is full. Tried to PM you.

Would love to know how to get in touch. Thanks.

Ken
Old 07-30-2015, 12:20 AM
Kerouac
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast
"But honey, it was a deal of a lifetime, they're NOS! Look, we can park the cars in the driveway, and your parents can park on the street when they visit. Honey, listen, yes, I know. Yes, dear. OK ... OK, I understand, I'll see you when I get rid of it all. OK, dear. I'll miss you ... "
THAT is funny.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:34 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

Great find!

Get notified of new replies

To NOS parts barn find

Quick Reply: NOS parts barn find