C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

63 Red Dash Pads Dye

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 02:09 PM
MOXIE62
Safety Car

Received 333 Likes on 276 Posts

Default 63 Red Dash Pads Dye

My dash pads are flat red and have the original dye/red color. Does anyone reproduced the flat color I'm looking for. Most of the red pads I've seen are bright red and would be wrong for my car. I plan on using it for touch up so a small bottle would work, thanks
Old 08-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Corvette America has nice red vinyl dye I used it on my 63. If its a tad too shiny for you they make a flat vinyl clear coat. Prob as good a match as you'll get anywhere.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:29 PM
MOXIE62
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Corvette America has nice red vinyl dye I used it on my 63. If its a tad too shiny for you they make a flat vinyl clear coat. Prob as good a match as you'll get anywhere.
Thanks, that's what I need chet
Old 08-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

The 'waterfall' in this 63 was done with the CA products and it matches the 'sheen' of the Corvette America dash pads perfectly..... You can see the sheen at the top of the waterfall in the picture. If that's too much for you then the flat clear coat will 'knock it down' as much as you want.
Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2015, 04:15 PM
MOXIE62
Safety Car

The 'waterfall' in this 63 was done with the CA products and it matches the 'sheen' of the Corvette America dash pads perfectly..... You can see the sheen at the top of the waterfall in the picture. If that's too much for you then the flat clear coat will 'knock it down' as much as you want.

Beautiful. That's the look I want, thanks again, I'll be calling CA Monday.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

Just be forewarned -- they will prob try to sell you their 'prep' spray, vinyl primer, adhesion promoter and a bunch of other stuff. Don't go for it -- you just need the color dye and the clear coat and properly clean the vinyl.....scrub it down with a brush to get in all the grain crevices with some cleaner 3 times and when you think you've done a thorough job - do it one more time !

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 08-01-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Just be forewarned -- they will prob try to sell you their 'prep' spray, vinyl primer, adhesion promoter and a bunch of other stuff. Don't go for it -- you just need the color dye and the clear coat and properly clean the vinyl.....scrub it down with a brush to get in all the grain crevices with some cleaner 3 times and when you think you've done a thorough job - do it one more time !
When I did my dads I cleaned the living daylights out of the pads using just about every household cleaners I could get. Then I just left the dash sit in a climate contoled room that doesn't get used for a few months to let everything sit and dry out. Then when I was ready to paint them I used the cleaner they sold blew it off very well and sprayed. Turned out great. You can't rush perfection

Get notified of new replies

To 63 Red Dash Pads Dye

Quick Reply: 63 Red Dash Pads Dye