C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

56 door front window guide help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 01:27 AM
C1-Curt
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Default 56 door front window guide help!

I need a little guidance, the 56 Corvette doors do not have the metal reinforcements in the door for the DOOR FRONT WINDOW GUIDES to bolt to like in the 58-60 cars.

On my 56 it is much different then when I did my 60 and it looks like the DOOR FRONT WINDOW GUIDE for a 56 is a bit different then a 58-60. I found a picture that looks different and it looks like the bottom has a side screw rater than a nut facing forward.

My car came with the later DOOR FRONT WINDOW GUIDES for like a 58-60. Has anyone successfully used the later guides on 56? From my next picture it looks like it might be as simple as drilling a hole in the side at the bottom of the later DOOR FRONT WINDOW GUIDE.

Has anyone successfully converted a later guide to a 56 door with the lower metal bracket like in my picture number 2?

I am thinking I should be able to drill a hole at the arrow point area and shim as needed.

Note the metal loop at the bottom of the door.

This is a picture I found of what I think might be a 56/early 57 front guide.

This is what my 60 looked like but it had the metal support.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:21 PM
62corvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 663 Likes on 472 Posts

PM sent.

Quick Reply: 56 door front window guide help!