C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Widened rear quarters

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 08:37 PM
TOM WILLARD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Widened rear quarters

Anyone have any experience with Dynamic image corvette widened quarters . They are 1.5 inches wider but look like they retain the factory body line. I have also been looking at the GTS quarter's but they aren't as wide and are more expensive. I have looked at tons of pictures but without seeing them in person I can't decide. I need all the room I can get. Thanks
Old 08-05-2015, 01:42 AM
Nev Williams
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 08-05-2015, 03:35 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

check out Corvette_thunder on ebay, if you like what you see I can put you in touch with him for a better deal.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:02 AM
Ken Sungela
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 647 Likes on 276 Posts

I used JM quarters on mine.$650 + shipping and they make larger inner splash shields if you don't want to rework the originals. You can use the original bumpers without sectioning them. I have 12" wheels on the rear.
What's your width now from outside of tire to outside of tire?
You can get a little more width than 1.5" with these aftermarket quarters, it just depend on how you install them as there is some flex in them, but then you may have to modify the bumpers. I installed without getting any extra width.

http://www.jmenterprizesinc.com/index.htm

Old 08-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM WILLARD
Anyone have any experience with Dynamic image corvette widened quarters . They are 1.5 inches wider but look like they retain the factory body line. I have also been looking at the GTS quarter's but they aren't as wide and are more expensive. I have looked at tons of pictures but without seeing them in person I can't decide. I need all the room I can get. Thanks
Tom,

There are no flared rear quarter that will retain stock body line, however looking into side of car body line will look almost stock even with 3.0" flare. Looking down side of car, the body line will not look stock, nor will the amount of exposed tire look stock.

That said, most Corvette, even C2 owner pay so little attention to a cars body they want even notice. If you look at the picture of red car's body's line, and compare it to your car's, you should see change at door to rear quarter panel as well change in amount of exposed tire front and rear. All of the 1.5" flared 1/4 will give you the same look. Since you all ready have your wheels you can see change in exposed tire on front and rear side of them.

Go for it, but don't choose based on price. Quality of panel's fit and material is foremost. If they have more flex than a stock 1/4 beware.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:20 AM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

GTS quarters are terrible! You will spend an enormous amount of time fitting them. If I could go back in time, I certainly would not have purchased them for my 63 convertible!!! Total rip off at $900 Plus a pair! I recently used a guy in Ohio for quarters, but he doesnt make very many. My painter, who builds an plethora of restomods per year, recommends JM Quarters and splash panels, so i plan to use them next for my 67 Coupe.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:02 AM
j_66chevelle
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 65silververt
GTS quarters are terrible! You will spend an enormous amount of time fitting them. If I could go back in time, I certainly would not have purchased them for my 63 convertible!!! Total rip off at $900 Plus a pair! I recently used a guy in Ohio for quarters, but he doesnt make very many. My painter, who builds an plethora of restomods per year, recommends JM Quarters and splash panels, so i plan to use them next for my 67 Coupe.
Do you have the full name for JM, is there a link?

Thanks
Old 08-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by j_66chevelle
Do you have the full name for JM, is there a link?

Thanks
See post #4 for link.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:30 PM
TOM WILLARD
Instructor

I am going to give Dynamic Corvette widened quarters a try. Talked to the guys there and the guys at JM but the Dynamic guys where super nice and very helpful. They also have widened front fenders too. Not sure what I am going to do yet but I can't stop looking at the red 65 coupe that won the street car shootout and i love the wide body look with wide wheels all the way around. Trade in the blingy rims for racing rims.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:19 PM
fogaley
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Flares

Tom, how about 3" wider per side flares.
Jeff Freeman Jfreeman12@yahoo.com

Phone number tomorrow if you need it. Scott

Last edited by fogaley; 08-07-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:30 PM
TOM WILLARD
Instructor

Originally Posted by fogaley
Tom, how about 3" wider per side flares.
Jeff Freeman Jfreeman12@yahoo.com

Phone number tomorrow if you need it. Scott
Not sure I want to get that extreme. The Dynamic Corvette flares retain the factory lines but they bump out. Do you know how I could see some pictures of the 3 inch. I would need some extremely wide wheels to fill those out. The red 65 coupe that I keep drooling over has 18 x 13 wheels all around I think but his fenders are super custom. I am thinking about doing 18x10.5 or 18 x 11 all around. Found some ccw classic style wheels that might work for a reasonable price.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:29 PM
fogaley
Pro

Default Flares

Tom, email Jeff, he has pictures of his 64 coupe with his flares installed. Scott
Old 08-09-2015, 09:52 PM
TOM WILLARD
Instructor

Originally Posted by fogaley
Tom, email Jeff, he has pictures of his 64 coupe with his flares installed. Scott
I tried but the email didn't work. Thank you
Old 08-09-2015, 10:34 PM
fogaley
Pro

Wrong email. jfreema12@yahoo.com

Last edited by fogaley; 08-09-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:14 AM
65silververt
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 203 Posts

Risky taking a gamble on quarters just because someone sounds nice on the phone, but at least you arent giong with GTS. Ive bought two midyear cars from really nice sounding people on the phone and I have ended up rebuilding one bird cage and replacing all of the fiberglass and replacing the majority of the fiberglass on the no hit 67 coupe. Both were no hit cars according to the sellers. Just FYI!

Did you ask them if the bumpers will need to be modified?
Old 08-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Beggers
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

I have used Dynamic Corvettes for a bunch of fiberglass parts and work, they are very dependable as well as experts in the production of glass parts that fit and last. I count myself lucky that they are local to me as I trust them for my projects paint and glass work. Brian
Old 08-12-2015, 06:07 PM
TOM WILLARD
Instructor

Originally Posted by Beggers
I have used Dynamic Corvettes for a bunch of fiberglass parts and work, they are very dependable as well as experts in the production of glass parts that fit and last. I count myself lucky that they are local to me as I trust them for my projects paint and glass work. Brian
That's good to hear. I am going to get the rear quarters ordered this week. Takes 4-6 weeks.

Get notified of new replies

To Widened rear quarters

Old 08-14-2015, 02:42 PM
TOM WILLARD
Instructor

Default Quarters are ordered

The guys at Dynamic Corvette are extremely nice and very helpful. If there build qaulity is as good as there customer service these things will be flawless. I will give you guys a update when they arrive. I am sure they are going to be nice and force me to have to widen the front too.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:55 AM
Beggers
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Tom,
I thought you might like to see this, I was in Dynamics shop today checking on my project, and they were pulling your fenders out of the molds, they look great! I took a picture for you:

Brian
Old 08-18-2015, 12:02 PM
TOM WILLARD
Instructor

Originally Posted by Beggers
Tom,
I thought you might like to see this, I was in Dynamics shop today checking on my project, and they were pulling your fenders out of the molds, they look great! I took a picture for you:

Brian
They look great. Thanks for the pic.

Quick Reply: Widened rear quarters