C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

63 tach needle is missing

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 09:07 AM
wkidvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Default 63 tach needle is missing

My 63 does not have a tach needle, what is involved in replacing it?

Is there anyone that would be at Corvettes of Carlisle who could install a replacement?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Donald #31176
Melting Slicks

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts

You might try Rick Stotler in Joppa, Md. If he has a needle he could install while you wait. Dont know if he 'll be at Carlisle but you 're close enough
to his place. Give him a call.

PS He used to do all of Corvette Specialties of Md gauge restorations before he went on his own.

(Edited- Non Supporting Vendor address and phone info removed)

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 08-19-2015 at 07:33 AM. Reason: NSV info removed
Old 08-17-2015, 09:58 AM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

To answer your question, yes there will be at least one or two vendors at Carlisle that can do this for you. However, if you are going to the trouble to remove the tach and take it to Carlisle, why not just send it to one of the recommended repair folks and have them do it and at the same time verify that the tach actually works as intended. It could be pretty frustrating to go to all of that trouble and after reinstalling it find out that even with the new needle it still doesn't function properly.

The folks from Corvette Specialties of MD West (Palm Desert California now) will be at Carlisle and you could certainly drop it off with them and if they can't fix it on the spot, they'll gladly take it back to their shop and mail it back to you.

The clock in my '63 did not fare well after 36 years of storage and I spoke to them at Carlisle a few years back about a replacement. I didn't believe it was salvageable personally. When I realized I didn't have a lot of options they suggested I send them mine and they would see if it could be salvaged. After returning home I sent it off to them and what I got back was amazing. It looks as good (or better ) than it did when I bought the car 46 years ago.

Good luck... GUSTO

Get notified of new replies

To 63 tach needle is missing

Quick Reply: 63 tach needle is missing