C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Enclosed Transport recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Bruce Bosch
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Enclosed Transport recommendation

I need to have a 1966 corvette convertible transported from Tucson Arizona to Portland Oregon on or around September 1-8. Does anyone have a recommendation. Thanks
Old 08-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Many like InterCity.....I've used Exotic Auto Transport out of Orlando three times with no issues and good service.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:39 PM
roadking40
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 133 Likes on 58 Posts

Default recommendation

Originally Posted by Bruce Bosch
I need to have a 1966 corvette convertible transported from Tucson Arizona to Portland Oregon on or around September 1-8. Does anyone have a recommendation. Thanks
Bruce, I just used Angels Moving Autos to transport a convert from Texas to PHX. They were great. Very reasonable, solid communication and the driver was exceptional. Highly recommended.

Here is their contact info:
angelsmovingautos.com

+1 530-245-0481
Old 08-20-2015, 11:33 PM
Vitaminmopar
Burning Brakes

Received 334 Likes on 199 Posts

If this is your first time there are some things to know before hand.
1. Every thing is negotiable, insurance coverage, part coverage, pickup times, drop off times, dates, winch or no winch, upper or lower storage, enclosed or open, etc, etc.
2. Make sure you specify daytime delivery. Your transport company may have a delivery window of say 3 days. So if it is day 3 and the transport driver calls and asks if he can deliver after daylight kindly decline and take delivery the next day. You specified in writing under your contract daytime delivery. This is for your convenience and delivery inspection, not the driver's convenience.
3. If car does not have brakes or will not move under it's own power, make sure your transport service knows this. In this case, the transport must have wince capability. If driver shows up and no winch then have the company figure out what they are going to do.
4. Let the transport driver remove the car off the transport. If as in 3 above, don't help extracting/removing car as you assume responsibility if you do.
5. Exam the car for damage, especially the floor pans at delivery, then sigh off, not the other way around.
6. Make sure you have the cash money on hand to pay for the delivery, because it is difficult if the ATM's limit your withdrawals to say $400 a day and it is Sunday afternoon and banks are closed.
7. If there are parts to be transported inside the car make sure you provide a list of parts to the company and that the company provides this list to the transporter. At pickup the transport driver is not responsible for loading parts so make sure arrangements have been made for that task at pickup point. You may have to provide photos of the parts as the transport driver may not be familiar with those valuable parts inside. That way if something goes missing you have some form of documentation.
8. Most of the transport companies do not own/operate their own transports. What happens is the transporters link up through transport notices put out by the company for a certain car, to a certain destination, for X amount of money. If the transporter decides it is worth the trip he puts in his availability and then if the company decides transporter is good they contract.

Others may chime in with other things to know about. I had may first experience a year ago and had under car damage that I did not detect as I took delivery at night and did not find the damage until later the next day. Transport did not even have the benefit of interior lighting for after daylight delivery. Hope you have a good experience, most do.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:47 AM
redplasticcar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used Reliable and Montway auto transport. I really like Montway. Go to montway.com read the reviews and you can place your order online or 800 number.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:50 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Who pays cash on delivery to the driver ?
I sure don't -- but I use the 'big boys" with offices, multiple trucks and office staff, etc..
None of the big, commercial outfits are going to let you drive a car on/off their equipment either...
Old 08-21-2015, 08:58 AM
j_66chevelle
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Just used Exotic Auto Transport, great job!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:08 PM
OldKarz
Safety Car

Location: On the bank of the Columbia River..... Washington State
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Used Passport form Fed Ex, many times, always pleased.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:20 AM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,032 Likes on 671 Posts

Bruce - You didn't mention if you were looking for open transport or enclosed transport. If you are considering enclosed transport, I'd recommend Intercity Transport. I've used them twice, the second time was when we relocated from Northern California to Prescott Arizona and had 6 cars to transport. They showed up with an empty transport truck and two days later delivered all 6 with no problems at all.

Mike T - Prescott AZ
Old 08-22-2015, 07:22 AM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

uShip did great job for me - NY to FL - no problems and on time.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:09 AM
90sundevil
Melting Slicks

Received 745 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Many like InterCity.....I've used Exotic Auto Transport out of Orlando three times with no issues and good service.
I have used both also and they are great but Intercity seems to have more trucks on the West Coast.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:11 PM
harleyreg
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Auto Transport

I have been real happy with the team at Reliable. On time, insured, take credit cards, etc.

Originally Posted by Bruce Bosch

Get notified of new replies

To Enclosed Transport recommendation

Quick Reply: Enclosed Transport recommendation