C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

big block valvetrain parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 07:47 PM
jkg2101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default big block valvetrain parts

Hi all - i am putting together my 67 427 engine. 400hp hydraulic lifters all stock rebuild. a couple questions:

1. rocker arm studs - does anyone have a part number for milodon or any other stock replacement? it is confusin on summit to figure out which ones to get

2. do I use pushrod guideplates? i would think so, but these have to be compatible with the rocker arm studs. just trying to figure out what to order

i have built many engines before, and sometimes it is tough just figuring out which aftermarket parts work together. i almost wish I could just order from a GM catalog somewhere, although I would prefer to use stock parts but made in USA.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,946 Likes on 4,785 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

You can still get most of that stuff from your local GM dealer. Or go to your local engine machine shop and get it
Old 10-19-2015, 08:11 PM
PAmotorman
Melting Slicks

Received 150 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by jkg2101
Hi all - i am putting together my 67 427 engine. 400hp hydraulic lifters all stock rebuild. a couple questions:

1. rocker arm studs - does anyone have a part number for milodon or any other stock replacement? it is confusin on summit to figure out which ones to get

2. do I use pushrod guideplates? i would think so, but these have to be compatible with the rocker arm studs. just trying to figure out what to order

i have built many engines before, and sometimes it is tough just figuring out which aftermarket parts work together. i almost wish I could just order from a GM catalog somewhere, although I would prefer to use stock parts but made in USA.
some aftermarket rocker studs have too large a radius for the stock rocker arms to clear. use GM parts if you don't want to have any problems with assembly. the guide plates have match the push rod diameter
Old 10-19-2015, 08:45 PM
thoyer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 356 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by jkg2101

If you have a local NAPA store, go there with your shopping list. They sell Sealed Power parts which are OEM replacement parts. They will work well in your application and will probably cost less then buying over the counter at a GM dealer.

As mentioned in a previous response, some of the aftermarket rocker arm studs are designed to be run with specific rocker arms and not necessarily the stock stamped steel rockers that GM used. Also mentioned before, the pushrod guide plate is sized for the push rod diameter being used.

All of this can be easily bought at NAPA, or Jegs, or Summit, or......

You can always call Summit and they will help you select the parts.

Just keep in mind that the parts the factory used worked just fine and if you are doing a stock rebuild there is no need to spend extra money on parts that are designed to be used in a higher performance application.

My .02

Tom

Last edited by thoyer; 10-19-2015 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Corrected Sealed Power

Get notified of new replies

To big block valvetrain parts

Quick Reply: big block valvetrain parts