C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

EFI fuel line routing

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 06:34 PM
Vettrocious
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,120 Likes on 576 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by JohnZ
Those are "Adel" insulated clamps - Jeg's and Summit have them in lots of sizes.
Thanks, John, any idea on how much room there is in front of the fuel tank? I'd look at my blue car, but its put away for the winter down in Wixom and I'm building this in Glen Arbor...

Mike
Old 11-17-2015, 06:46 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by AZDoug
Does you gas pedal have a divot worn in the back where it contacts the metal bellcrank rod?

Doug
no, I think it is the 'going-over-center' movement that is doing it..
Bill
Old 11-17-2015, 06:47 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Vettrocious
I like those clamps, haven't seen those lately. I may try to find some for the attachment of the two steel lines to the inboard side of the front frame rail..
they either came from Lowes or Ace Hardware; probably Ace.
Bill
Old 11-23-2015, 01:39 AM
Grampy
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Not much room

Hi,

The flange of the tank will contact the central body reinforcement and the clearance between body and tank flange is about 3/8 inch. Above the flange the clearance is about 1 1/4 inches and gradually gets bigger due the drawing draft on the tank. There is a few inches of space above the tank. My original plan was to use that space for my (2) 3/8 return lines (one from the FPR and one from the surge tank) hung like Bill's from aluminum pads epoxied to the body bulkhead. There was space for the lines but not enough space to easily make up the flexible lines to the tank. Since you have the advantage of body off you could probably attach the lines to the tanks. My plan B was the add 2 bungs to the right side of the tank. I can make up the AN flex hoses as the tank is installed. My FPR return is the original gas line which is connected to the rear bung. That sounds like it should be just like your return. My project was body on so the new supply fuel line was run inside the right rail mirroring the rear brake line.

Grampy
Old 11-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Vettrocious
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,120 Likes on 576 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Grampy
Hi,

The flange of the tank will contact the central body reinforcement and the clearance between body and tank flange is about 3/8 inch. Above the flange the clearance is about 1 1/4 inches and gradually gets bigger due the drawing draft on the tank. There is a few inches of space above the tank. My original plan was to use that space for my (2) 3/8 return lines (one from the FPR and one from the surge tank) hung like Bill's from aluminum pads epoxied to the body bulkhead. There was space for the lines but not enough space to easily make up the flexible lines to the tank. Since you have the advantage of body off you could probably attach the lines to the tanks. My plan B was the add 2 bungs to the right side of the tank. I can make up the AN flex hoses as the tank is installed. My FPR return is the original gas line which is connected to the rear bung. That sounds like it should be just like your return. My project was body on so the new supply fuel line was run inside the right rail mirroring the rear brake line.

Grampy
Thanks for the info. Based on your description, it would seem that the best route for me at this point is to make two new 3/8 stainless lines to connect to the 3/8 (supply and return) hard lines now exiting the hole in the inside-rear of the RH frame rail. Those new lines would travel up the side of the tank, then across to the tank fittings.

I'm wondering if I need a flexible line in there somewhere (in case of a minor accident...)

Quick Reply: EFI fuel line routing