C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Wide body flares?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 02:43 PM
abadsvt
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wide body flares?

Hi all. So I think I have decided to do something like this amazing vette. I love the idea of running 11-12" rear tires and still being able to pur my convertable top up. Does anyone know if the wide body flares something you can buy or is it something that has to be custom made?
Old 11-24-2015, 03:45 PM
jimh_1962
Le Mans Master

Received 551 Likes on 444 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

watch I think it is "driven" on youtube. I think the person who owns this car can tell you what they did. Somewhere in NAPA valley area. If you are looking for these exact flares. Just an idea is all...
Old 11-24-2015, 05:06 PM
abadsvt
Advanced

Originally Posted by jimh_1962
watch I think it is "driven" on youtube. I think the person who owns this car can tell you what they did. Somewhere in NAPA valley area. If you are looking for these exact flares. Just an idea is all...
Thank you for that! I just watched it and it's amaking machine. Totally want to do this now!! Here is link if anyone else wants to watch
https://youtu.be/Sh_8zMVlNVM
Old 11-25-2015, 11:39 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by abadsvt23
Thank you for that! I just watched it and it's amaking machine. Totally want to do this now!! Here is link if anyone else wants to watch
https://youtu.be/Sh_8zMVlNVM
Those are sweet flares. When you find out who makes them, please post it.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Marks Hotrod Garage
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

The flares on this car are custom fabricated and are not available for sale. Are you running an aftermarket frame allowing you to install larger wheels and tires. It takes a special glass man to make flares like these look right on a car.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:00 PM
abadsvt
Advanced

Originally Posted by GodSpeed Rides
The flares on this car are custom fabricated and are not available for sale. Are you running an aftermarket frame allowing you to install larger wheels and tires. It takes a special glass man to make flares like these look right on a car.
I will be custom making the frame using c5 suspension. I think i found someone that makes the flares for front and rear. I saw some pics but waiting for him to send more. I will keep you guys posted. I'm supposed to get pics tonight but it's thanksgiving eve so maybe on friday.

Also just saw your stunning vette! I want to find time to read all the way through ypur build. Excited !! You went with gts rear fender flares right?

Last edited by abadsvt; 11-25-2015 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:18 AM
John BX NY
Drifting

Received 337 Likes on 229 Posts

I love the black/red color contrast but the flares and tire combo are cheesy looking in my opinion particularly at the rear of the front wheel opening.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Marks Hotrod Garage
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by abadsvt23
I will be custom making the frame using c5 suspension. I think i found someone that makes the flares for front and rear.

Also just saw your stunning vette! I want to find time to read all the way through ypur build. Excited !! You went with gts rear fender flares right?
No I didn't use the gts I know a guy who makes them for the rear.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:53 PM
abadsvt
Advanced

Originally Posted by GodSpeed Rides
No I didn't use the gts I know a guy who makes them for the rear.
Im pretty sure I'm using Jeff freeman. By chance was that the same guy? Just curious. Thx

Josh

Get notified of new replies

To Wide body flares?

Quick Reply: Wide body flares?