C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

getting interior parts ready

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 10:42 AM
number3
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Default getting interior parts ready

im getting ready to do the interior on my 65 conv. So ive been looking around for leather seat covers and on most of the sites they are all about the same range $6 or $700 . I came across a site called lseat.com and they are selling the leather covers for $300 ! They are in Beverly Ma i think . Any members had any experience with them ?
Old 11-25-2015, 12:03 PM
number3
Pro

nobody has heard of them ?
Old 11-25-2015, 12:43 PM
Gonzo_65_L76
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm also interested in this. Please post what you find out.

Thanks,
-Gonzo
Old 11-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Tampa Jerry
Le Mans Master

Received 1,328 Likes on 960 Posts

Default Seats

Sounds kind of low. Is it possible that the fronts are leather and the sides and trim are vinyl? Jerry
Old 11-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Sky65
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 613 Likes on 368 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '09, '15

I called them the other week. I got a voice message. I don't remember what the message was but it left me with the feeling of someone working out of their garage. I did not leave phone number to call me back. Maybe I'll try again.

Tom
Old 11-25-2015, 08:31 PM
desertpilgrim
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

"If it's too good to believe, it's probably _________".
Failure to answer correctly will have you on the e-mail lists of the
75,000 members of the Nigerian Royal family by noon tomorrow.
The scary thing about "common sense" is that it doesn't seem to be
"common" any more.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:42 AM
number3
Pro

Well , if i can get some free time maybe i'll make a trip to beverly ma unless there are some members near there that would do a little recon for us , any takers ?
Old 11-26-2015, 11:11 AM
number3
Pro

okay, heres an update , when i searched the number it comes up being listed in beverly ma. I just found some more info and apparently they are in houston texas . Robert Key
11702 Beechnut St #1063
Houston
TX - 77072
United States
978-712-9666
sales@lseat.com I sent them an email asking if they have a brick and mortar location that a member could visit and check out , I have a contact down that way so ill ask him if he knows anything about them . okay so i google map the address and its a storage locker center in houston , not looking to promising ! I think gonzo had it right

Last edited by number3; 11-26-2015 at 11:19 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 11-26-2015, 12:52 PM
number3
Pro

latest response from lseats Sales@lseat.com
To Today at 12:45 PM
you can take look the website and product reviews in our website which from third part YOTPO and also we have ebay and amazon store so you can take look the feedback in both online store.

by the way. we never charging twice for the order. except the customer who request additional custom options which did not listed in the website. we will send paypal invocie for additional custom options to the customer.

On Nov 27, 2015, at 12:00 AM, Contact Form wrote:

submitted the form from your 'Contact Us' page

A user has submitted the contact form on your store.
Here are their details:

Email Address:
There has been some discussion about your seat covers on the corvette forum , people are very interested in your product for restoration of their cars . Do you have a physical address that one of our members could visit and determine the quality of the materials used ? Our biggest concern is the advertised price for the covers , most we have seen are charging twice the money that you are which makes people think that if its to good to be true it probably isnt. Thanks for your time
Lseat.com
http://www.lseat.com/
Lseat.com is powered by Bigcommerce. Launch your own store for free with Bigcommerce.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:57 PM
Gonzo_65_L76
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

These appear to be made outside the US, probably in China. Reading the reviews on eBay and Amazon is a good idea. They might be fine, but if you're gonna go to the trouble of upgrading to leather, you're probably interested in high quality, which is a risk here.

I scanned the eBay reviews... 100% positive.

-Gonzo

Last edited by Gonzo_65_L76; 11-26-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:24 PM
number3
Pro

Originally Posted by Gonzo_65_L76
These appear to be made outside the US, probably in China. Reading the reviews on eBay and Amazon is a good idea. They might be fine, but if you're gonna go to the trouble of upgrading to leather, you're probably interested in high quality, which is a risk here.

I scanned the eBay reviews... 100% positive.

-Gonzo
I looked over the ebay reviews as well , however most seem to have made comments on the shipping speed and description, i checked on facebook link he had and it looked like theres were a few pissed off customers trying with little luck to get in touch with someone . At this point im leaning towrads the higher priced covers but i havent shut the door yet . I just sent him another email asking for pictures of his covers installed and comments made by customers , we'll see.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:14 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I read through your thread...and I can say this...if you are not aware of it.

When it comes to buying parts ....you CAN NOT assume that when you are looking at price...that these parts are all made out of the same quality of material. It isn't like you are buying a 12 ounce can of Coco-Cola. A can of Coco-Cola from a grocery store and a gas station are the basic same thing ...but at different prices. these seat covers are NOT the same

AND....I have seen enough seat covers to be able to tell you that what you see on the outside is only HALF of it. It is when you flip the cover over and look at how it is sewn and stitched...and IF they implemented the'things' that 'other' seat cover manufactures implement so the cover with have a chance of giving years and years of service....of be able to be installed without tearing due to the lack of these 'things' that are left off during manufacturing. The weight of vinyl or leather thickness DOES make a difference. So...just because it says "leather seat covers"....what they are not telling you...unless you ask is the grade and thickness/weight of the hides used.

What I find so often is that some companies will allow the 'bean counters' to get into the mix and take away 'things' that THEY feel are not important...but yet...these same dumb@ss bean counters do not know JACK SQUAT about doing anything on a Corvette or any car for that matter. They focus is on the BOTTOM LINE.

Buy what you want.....from whoever you want.....but do not be fooled in thinking that you are getting a $700 set of seat covers for $300. You are getting what you are paying for.

DUB
Old 12-03-2015, 05:32 PM
number3
Pro

Originally Posted by DUB
I read through your thread...and I can say this...if you are not aware of it.

When it comes to buying parts ....you CAN NOT assume that when you are looking at price...that these parts are all made out of the same quality of material. It isn't like you are buying a 12 ounce can of Coco-Cola. A can of Coco-Cola from a grocery store and a gas station are the basic same thing ...but at different prices. these seat covers are NOT the same

AND....I have seen enough seat covers to be able to tell you that what you see on the outside is only HALF of it. It is when you flip the cover over and look at how it is sewn and stitched...and IF they implemented the'things' that 'other' seat cover manufactures implement so the cover with have a chance of giving years and years of service....of be able to be installed without tearing due to the lack of these 'things' that are left off during manufacturing. The weight of vinyl or leather thickness DOES make a difference. So...just because it says "leather seat covers"....what they are not telling you...unless you ask is the grade and thickness/weight of the hides used.

What I find so often is that some companies will allow the 'bean counters' to get into the mix and take away 'things' that THEY feel are not important...but yet...these same dumb@ss bean counters do not know JACK SQUAT about doing anything on a Corvette or any car for that matter. They focus is on the BOTTOM LINE.

Buy what you want.....from whoever you want.....but do not be fooled in thinking that you are getting a $700 set of seat covers for $300. You are getting what you are paying for.

DUB
i absolutely agree dub, thats why i spent so much time asking questions of this guy , he finally dropped off and didnt return my emails , that speaks volumes to me . Hes done !
Old 12-04-2015, 07:11 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 979 Likes on 491 Posts

$600 is a lot of money. It's more money than $300. But it ain't that much more.

Ray
Old 12-04-2015, 07:44 PM
GTOguy
Race Director

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,113 Posts

What DUB said. I've run into bargain leather covers in other vehicles that look great initially, but the stitches at the seams give way pretty quickly. For a car like an early 'vette, you won't go wrong installing quality materials. Remember: cry only once when you buy it, or cry every time you use it, your choice!
Old 12-04-2015, 08:13 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

I recently ordered a new leather computer chair. When I received it, I didn't like the look or feel of the leather. Upon further investigation I found that is "Bonded Leather" which technically IS leather but in reality is, well, here's the technical definition -

"Bonded leather, also called reconstituted leather or blended leather, is a term used for a man-made upholstery material made as a layered structure of a fiber or paper backer, a pulp made from shredded leather, and a polyurethane coating which is embossed with a leather-like texture."

My bet is those seat covers are made of the same crap. By the way, I returned the chair.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:12 AM
Alex Wheelson
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding the quality of lseat.com products (they are also a Seatshop on Amazon)
Their seats cover are made from not genuine leather (not real leather).
They make seats covers from Bonded leather (reconstituted leather).

Get notified of new replies

To getting interior parts ready

Quick Reply: getting interior parts ready