C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

trusted body shop on li for '67 vette?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 09:40 AM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,027 Likes on 542 Posts

Default trusted body shop on li for '67 vette?

finally Pulling the trigger on repainting my '67 'vette, body shop I was set on using may not pan out for various reasons, anyone else know/trust someone on the island I can check out?

I'm looking for someone that really knows their work, obviously that works on 'vettes. any recommendations.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:54 PM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Originally Posted by JMG2
finally Pulling the trigger on repainting my '67 'vette, body shop I was set on using may not pan out for various reasons, anyone else know/trust someone on the island I can check out?

I'm looking for someone that really knows their work, obviously that works on 'vettes. any recommendations.
Kevin Mackay at Corvette Repair. Located in Valley Stream. (516) 568-1959.

One of the best in the country, but will probably be expensive. They may also be booked for 2016, but you can call or visit and inquire.

You said you wanted someone who knows their work and can be trusted to do a superb job. This is the shop.

The archives has additional LI shops if you search.

Larry
Old 11-27-2015, 02:07 PM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,027 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by Powershift
Kevin Mackay at Corvette Repair. Located in Valley Stream. (516) 568-1959.

One of the best in the country, but will probably be expensive. They may also be booked for 2016, but you can call or visit and inquire.

You said you wanted someone who knows their work and can be trusted to do a superb job. This is the shop.

The archives has additional LI shops if you search.

Larry
thanks larry, I'm already prepared for expensive. I spoke with the guys at shop I've decided on back in august, 'cause I know these places book quickly, touched base with them at least once a month through october, sure enough, when I called a few weeks ago and wanted to set a firm date to bring the car in, they said they were booked. So, I have a feeling I'm going to have to wait yet another year to get this done, but I'll give those guys a call. Valley stream is actually closer to me than the place I was looking at (east meadow)

thanks again for the recommendation.

Get notified of new replies

To trusted body shop on li for '67 vette?

Quick Reply: trusted body shop on li for '67 vette?