C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

63 vert windshield washer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 02:23 AM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 63 vert windshield washer?

I have the nozzles next to the wiper bases but nothing else in my 63 vert. Does any one have pictures of what the bottle and pump looks like in the engine department?

Old 11-28-2015, 06:07 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

The 'pump' is on the far right of the wiper motor in this '63 picture....its the squarish metal end piece with the black plastic cap on the end that the three hoses are sticking out of. The black cap (containing the pump valves) should be translucent and not black in '63. I have put the correct one on this car since this picture.

The washer tank, in its bracket, is seen in the second picture. One hose (the thickest one) from the pump ends here; the other two (thinner ones) go to the washer nozzles and are routed under the cowl grilles.

Unlike the C1, there are no pumping components in the fluid tank or on top of it...just washer fluid and the hose...all pumping is done at the wiper motor.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 11-28-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Bangkok Dean
Le Mans Master

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
The 'pump' is on the far right of the wiper motor in this '63 picture....its the squarish metal end piece with the black plastic cap on the end that the three hoses are sticking out of. The black cap (containing the pump valves) should be translucent and not black in '63. I have put the correct one on this car since this picture.

The washer tank, in its bracket, is seen in the second picture. One hose (the thickest one) from the pump ends here; the other two (thinner ones) go to the washer nozzles and are routed under the cowl grilles.

Unlike the C1, there are no pumping components in the fluid tank or on top of it...just washer fluid and the hose...all pumping is done at the wiper motor.
Many thanks, that is what I was looking for.

Get notified of new replies

To 63 vert windshield washer?

Quick Reply: 63 vert windshield washer?