C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Bill Williamson..posted yesterday NCRS

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 01:25 PM
skeew
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Bill Williamson..posted yesterday NCRS

Our good friend and long time Illinois NCRS member Bill Williamson passed away Monday afternoon after suffering a heart attack on Friday Dec.18th. Bill was known for his vast knowledge of 65 396 corvette's, Bill will be missed by many in the hobby. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, may god bless you.
The following 2 users liked this post by skeew:
Solid Axle Guy (12-24-2015), vettebuyer6369 (01-02-2016)
Old 12-22-2015, 01:28 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

My thoughts and prayers to Bill's family and friends. I did not know him personally, but always enjoyed his contributions on the NCRS Technical Discussion Board.
The following users liked this post:
Solid Axle Guy (12-24-2015)
Old 12-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Solid Axle Guy
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by skeew
Our good friend and long time Illinois NCRS member Bill Williamson passed away Monday afternoon after suffering a heart attack on Friday Dec.18th. Bill was known for his vast knowledge of 65 396 corvette's, Bill will be missed by many in the hobby. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, may god bless you.
I had lunch with Bill, David Dawdy & Bob Jourdain at Steak n Shake in Woodriver, IL on Thurs & then received a text from Dave Dawdy the next day that Bill had suffered a heart attack Fri. morn. I had many wonderful experiences with Bill including a memorable trip in my 57 vette to the NCRS regional in 1991(?) in Joplin, Mo. shortly after I bought my 57. Great guy & he will be sadly missed. RIP Bill Williamson . My sincere condolences to his wife & family.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:04 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Oh, no. I recently started corresponding with Bill when I was looking for info on my car's originating dealer, Big 4 Chevrolet of St Louis MO and Collinsville, IL. Bill worked with Big 4 many years ago and had some info and artifacts from the dealership. He very graciously sent some items to me without asking for or accepting anything for them, he just wanted someone who appreciated them to have them.

Just a nice guy, a real Corvette guy. He will be missed. RIP.
Solid Axle Guy (12-24-2015)
Old 01-02-2016, 01:10 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by skeew
I vaguely remember when Bill joined the Mississippi Valley Corvette Association. He and another guy from around Collinsville joined at the same time. I want to say he had a '59 when he joined, but it was too long ago to remember. I know he immediately jumped into trying to put information sessions together for club meetings so that we could learn a bit more about all of these cars. I think that was around '78 or maybe '79.

Condolences to his family.

Originally Posted by Solid Axle Guy
I had lunch with Bill, David Dawdy & Bob Jourdain at Steak n Shake in Woodriver, IL on Thurs & then received a text from Dave Dawdy the next day that Bill had suffered a heart attack Fri. morn. I had many wonderful experiences with Bill including a memorable trip in my 57 vette to the NCRS regional in 1991(?) in Joplin, Mo. shortly after I bought my 57. Great guy & he will be sadly missed. RIP Bill Williamson . My sincere condolences to his wife & family.
There are some names from the past. I used to see Dave along with Mike Funk and a few others at Cypress Gardens each year.

Here is Dave showing off his legs at the MVCA show June 1976 at Milner Chevrolet. That is Bob Jourdain's silver '63 coupe. Last I heard about the coupe, Bob had restored it to the original Daytona Blue and received a Duntov Award. I also heard that Bob wasn't doing very well a few years ago, so it is good to hear he is out and about, although eating at Steak N Shake can do you in.

Solid Axle Guy (01-02-2016)
Old 01-02-2016, 02:58 AM
desertpilgrim
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

I had exchanged comments on the DB and on e-mail with Bill, but had never met him. The post linking him with Dave Dawdy increases my confidence that he was a Corvette guy through and through. My condolences to his family and friends.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:16 AM
Todd H.
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 249 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared))
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared)

Sad for Bill and his family that he has left us much too soon. And sad for our hobby that we have lost a friend and a great resource.

I hope the Corvette hobby is gaining as many great new people as it is losing these days.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Bill Williamson..posted yesterday NCRS

Quick Reply: Bill Williamson..posted yesterday NCRS