C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Electric Power Assist Steering

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 05:32 PM
62-C1
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Electric Power Assist Steering

Has anyone had any experience with the EPAS System sold by US Auto Performance in Florida. I would like to install one of these on my 62, but I first want to talk to someone that has installed one of these on a C1 Corvette.

I have talk with a fourm member who used the EZ Power steering System, it's made in Europe And is almost twice as expensive. Although my source says it works perfectly well. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I am in Ohio and would need to find an installer.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:04 PM
facelvega
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Hello, 6 weeks ago I installed myself a EZ-powersteering in my `62 C1 and I am happy.
I am living in Germany and studied all available electric power steering kits and finally found out that the EZ is a good value for the money. It is more expensive but this powersteering is a customized kit with the complete steering equipment up from the firewall.
I am not an expert and could install it in one day. I removed the whole steering equipment and did the necessary work on a table.
If you send me a PN with your email-adress I will send you the installation manual in english as a PDF.
regards
The following users liked this post:
62-C1 (02-09-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 02:22 PM
RJ1
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by 62 corvette nut
Has anyone had any experience with the EPAS System sold by US Auto Performance in Florida. I would like to install one of these on my 62, but I first want to talk to someone that has installed one of these on a C1 Corvette.

I have talk with a fourm member who used the EZ Power steering System, it's made in Europe And is almost twice as expensive. Although my source says it works perfectly well. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I am in Ohio and would need to find an installer.
corvette nut you might try Xplosive Performance for some feedback. I think they did an install on a C1. They are a vendor on the Forum. Call or PM Bob 888 493 8041
The following users liked this post:
62-C1 (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016, 08:45 AM
62-C1
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by facelvega
Hello, 6 weeks ago I installed myself a EZ-powersteering in my `62 C1 and I am happy.
I am living in Germany and studied all available electric power steering kits and finally found out that the EZ is a good value for the money. It is more expensive but this powersteering is a customized kit with the complete steering equipment up from the firewall.
I am not an expert and could install it in one day. I removed the whole steering equipment and did the necessary work on a table.
If you send me a PN with your email-adress I will send you the installation manual in english as a PDF.
regards
Alfred,
Still trying to find out about the EPAS system, so far not much luck. Thanks again for your input.
Marty
Old 02-09-2016, 09:04 AM
SledgeHammer 2.0
Drifting

Received 261 Likes on 151 Posts

I have never used it, but I did a lot of research and bought all the parts needed to convert a Studebaker truck. I got all the stuff (that looks just like theirs) out of an 06 Saturn Vue.

Bummer of it was I didn't have enough space in the truck to put the motor and it wouldn't fit the firewall. If you youtube search for Saturn Vue power steering, you can see a lot of the homemade versions using those parts.

Get notified of new replies

To Electric Power Assist Steering

Quick Reply: Electric Power Assist Steering