C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

EPA is at it again......

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 09:35 AM
ohiovet
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts
2016 C1 of Year Finalist

AMEN.
One more nail in the coffin of FREEDOM, possibly.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:35 AM
mrtexas
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

[QUOTE=65 vette dude;1591538383]
Originally Posted by MikeM

Obama 332.......Romney 206, I would call a 126 electoral vote advantage a landslide in today's presidential elections. As far as the House, and Senate elections......because of GOP gerrymandering in states where they control the government, they have effectively made it impossible for Dems to win many House seats in those states. Proof of this is the 2014 mid term elections. Even though more Americans voted for Dem's than Pub's in those House races.......the Dem's actually lost ten seats. The Florida Supreme Court has ruled against the GOP gerrymandering, and are forcing them to redraw the districts fairly. http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...stricting.html As for the Senate, Dem's are famous for not showing up in mid term elections, especially when they hold the White House.....of course 2016 is not a mid term year. It's also a historical fact that the sitting president, whether he be a Dem or Pub, his party loses congressional seats in mid term elections.
The gerrymandered districts are drawn according to the constitution. Don't like it change the constitution. What is illegal is liberal judges dictating congressional districts to their opinion of "fairly". "Fairly" to libs is draw them how libs would even if they don't win elections. Rule by judges is tyranny. Don't forget we are not a democracy which is mob rule, we are a republic with checks and balances.

Last edited by mrtexas; 02-14-2016 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:19 AM
Michael Angelo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DansYellow66
It took a turn from entertainment to dead seriousness yesterday with the death of Judge Scalia (RIP). I can't think of a worse thing that could have happened politically between now and the election. Depending on which side of the fence you're on with this pending EPA rule, Obama's order on immigration, EPA's order on power plants, mandatory dues for public sector unions, the 2nd amendment, etc - your world just took a devastating blow yesterday. Could well be that if you like working on old cars yourself, building cars, racing, and off-road events - we may have a dark future ahead for us.
That is unfortunate. There are very serious consequences regarding government and politics. I respect those that are well informed on issues and policies, and formulate opinions accordingly.

My main point is those that find fault in one party and not the other are not thinking for themselves. This great country is best when the interest of the middle-class is top priority. Today, we we are run by special interests, and the EPA is just one of the many. How do the minority special interest groups rule, they split the middle class.

God Bless America.....especially the middle-class.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:20 AM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by Railroadman
We all saw the insanity of "Cash For Clunkers". Consider the mentality of the race car ban, and think of what a short step it would be to a MANDATORY buy-out of old cars which get less than 20 mph or which don't have the year 20xx emissions standards.

I believe with all my heart and mind that SOME of these environmental nut cases absolutely WOULD ban old Vettes if they were able to do so. We can't afford to sit back and wait as they gather momentum and continue getting the ignorants on board with their lunacy.
SO TRUE Railroadman. I was a dumb *** and followed Obama's Cash for Clunkers policy thinking this would truly jump start minimizing the daily driver polluting cars/trucks. Boy, was I suckered on that one.

Sure wish I could 'turn the clock back' on my decision to crush rhis beauty:

5 speed manual, 302 ci loaded...just a sweet truck.

Not getting sucked in again!

Jim
In God We Trust!
Old 02-14-2016, 12:19 PM
mrtexas
Drifting

Originally Posted by 427435
Where were the Repubs when Reagan tripled the debt and doubled the annual deficit?
Reagan was a piker compared to O as far as spending.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:55 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

Just clarify, it appears above that this is my posting. I can assure you, it is not................

[QUOTE=65 vette dude;1591538383]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post

Obama 332.......Romney 206, I would call a 126 electoral vote advantage a landslide in today's presidential elections. As far as the House, and Senate elections......because of GOP gerrymandering in states where they control the government, they have effectively made it impossible for Dems to win many House seats in those states. Proof of this is the 2014 mid term elections. Even though more Americans voted for Dem's than Pub's in those House races.......the Dem's actually lost ten seats. The Florida Supreme Court has ruled against the GOP gerrymandering, and are forcing them to redraw the districts fairly. http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...stricting.html As for the Senate, Dem's are famous for not showing up in mid term elections, especially when they hold the White House.....of course 2016 is not a mid term year. It's also a historical fact that the sitting president, whether he be a Dem or Pub, his party loses congressional seats in mid term elections.
The gerrymandered districts are drawn according to the constitution. Don't like it change the constitution. What is illegal is liberal judges dictating congressional districts to their opinion of "fairly". "Fairly" to libs is draw them how libs would even if they don't win elections. Rule by judges is tyranny. Don't forget we are not a democracy which is mob rule, we are a republic with checks and balances.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:12 PM
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

[QUOTE=mrtexas;1591551483]
Originally Posted by 65 vette dude

The Constitution basically says, "One man, one vote." That is hardly the case with districts like below.

You cram 90% if the voters of one party into one district which than sets up 3 other districts that are 55% controlled by the other party. That's not constitutional.
The following users liked this post:
Miami Stingray (02-16-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 02:03 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

And imagine, that with an administration and Supreme Court that decides that random checkpoints on highways to search and inspect motor vehicles for non-original parts is for the benefit of the public health, and is constitutional because, after all, the founders didn't envision motor vehicles when the wrote the document and possible polluting cars is as bad as drunk driving.

EPA opened the doors for that when they decided CO2 was pollutant.

Doug

Originally Posted by Plasticman
EPA Proposed Regulation Has Consequences for the Performance Industry

■Engine News

by Engine Builder Staff - Feb 12, 2016

Under the EPA proposed regulation, certified motor vehicles and engines and their emission control devices must remain in their certified configuration even if they are used solely for competition. Violators would be subject to the fines and penalties included in the tampering prohibitions.

Snip
Old 02-14-2016, 02:08 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

2017 C1 of Year Finalist

[QUOTE=427435;1591543725 However, there was probably only a few million of our ancestors (if that) instead of the 7+ TRILLION there are now.[/QUOTE]

Agree too many people all over the world are F'ing it up.

Dougs solution:

As Emperor, I would have everybody sterilized that doesn't agree with me.

The problem would correct itself in 30-40 years.

Doug
Old 02-14-2016, 02:10 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Yes, the loss of the conservative Supreme Court justice who actually thought the job of that body was to uphold the constitution and not render rulings "de jour' based on the winds of political correctness blowing at a particular time is really, really bad news.

I sincerely cannot imagine in my wildest dreams the America that my grand daughter will live in as an adult...
Old 02-14-2016, 03:52 PM
mrtexas
Drifting

[QUOTE=427435;1591552935]
Originally Posted by mrtexas

You cram 90% if the voters of one party into one district which than sets up 3 other districts that are 55% controlled by the other party. That's not constitutional.
Dems did the same when they controlled congress. However Dems are sore losers. I'll stop if you stop.

What is unconstitutional is the several states all run by democrats that have passed laws to re-district that is not done by politicians as the constitution clearly states. Oh, sorry Dems don't care about the constitution unless it supports their devious deeds.

Last edited by mrtexas; 02-14-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:33 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,010 Likes on 2,529 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Ditch the Electoral College and go by popular vote.

I still don't buy the entire concept that we NEED to do something. Weather and climate go in cycle, there are aberrations, and so what if we have more tornadoes or fewer hurricane. It will even out over time. The media often say "Scientists agree that...." but they DON'T agree.

Before they go trying to control our every turn of the screwdriver under the hood, how about some actual proof that there is a need. Not some chicken-little wack-job professor but some real data that shows we need to stop racing. It's total !
Old 02-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by Railroadman
Ditch the Electoral College and go by popular vote.
I've been in the technology business 45 years now.
There is simply nothing, technology-wise, preventing this...

But, no, we are stuck in the stone age with committees evaluating "hanging chads"...
Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2016, 06:33 PM
phil2302
Melting Slicks

Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
I've been in the technology business 45 years now.
There is simply nothing, technology-wise, preventing this...

But, no, we are stuck in the stone age with committees evaluating "hanging chads"...
With control of the senate I dont believe anyone nominated for the supreme court by Obama can get green lighted before the election in Nov. Remember how they tortured Clarence Thomas? Robert Bork? Might be payback time.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:55 PM
Larry P
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 427435
Yes, there was a time when this dinky planet we call home was once much warmer. However, there was probably only a few million of our ancestors (if that) instead of the 7+ TRILLION there are now.
You're off by about 6.93 Trillion
World population is 7 + Billion

Here is an example of how much a trillion actually is.
You spend $34,400.00 EVERY DAY!
A Million will not last a full month
A Billion will last more then 80 years
A Trillion will last over 800 years!
That's 8 centuries!

Now consider our national debt approaching 20 Trillion!
LP
Old 02-15-2016, 12:56 PM
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry P
You're off by about 6.93 Trillion
World population is 7 + Billion

Here is an example of how much a trillion actually is.
You spend $34,400.00 EVERY DAY!
A Million will not last a full month
A Billion will last more then 80 years
A Trillion will last over 800 years!
That's 8 centuries!

Now consider our national debt approaching 20 Trillion!
LP

You are right------------my bad.

However, here is the change in world population in graph form:

Old 02-15-2016, 02:09 PM
Larry P
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

and here is another one

100 years instead of 1000 years.

LP

Last edited by Larry P; 02-15-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To EPA is at it again......

Old 02-16-2016, 11:31 AM
AZDoug
Race Director

2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Hmm, interesting as how "I" am always the ones who is demanded to give something up because of other peoples lack of self control. Guns, cars, carbon emissions....

Doug

Originally Posted by Larry P
and here is another one

100 years instead of 1000 years.

LP
Old 02-16-2016, 12:21 PM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDoug
Hmm, interesting as how "I" am always the ones who is demanded to give something up because of other peoples lack of self control. Guns, cars, carbon emissions....

Doug
Yeah - and there are 110 million in the US on some form of means-tested Gov't support (welfare, unemployment, food stamps, ect) and only 102 million of us working to support them in their idle, dependent, listless, irresponsible lifestyle. You would think as much as they demand of us, they would at least leave our blasted hobby alone to get what enjoyment out of it that we can. Otherwise I may just give up supporting my 1.1 welfare recipients in the manner of which they have become accustomed.

Edit - oops. Should not have included unemployment in there - it's not classified as means tested. Actually make the figures worse.

Last edited by DansYellow66; 02-16-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Railroadman
Team Owner

Received 5,010 Likes on 2,529 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by DansYellow66
Yeah - and there are 110 million in the US on some form of means-tested Gov't support (welfare, unemployment, food stamps, ect) and only 102 million of us working to support them in their idle, dependent, listless, irresponsible lifestyle. You would think as much as they demand of us, they would at least leave our blasted hobby alone to get what enjoyment out of it that we can. Otherwise I may just give up supporting my 1.1 welfare recipients in the manner of which they have become accustomed.
Atlas is going to shrug!

Quick Reply: EPA is at it again......