C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Car Show - Ephemera: What do you display?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Bobonthis
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Poster

Originally Posted by Mike67nv
I have a 20x30 poster that I put on my windshield and hold in place with my windshield wipers. It has a few car facts, a repro copy of the window sticker and some pics of things I have restored. I think it's about the right size, it can be read easily when approaching the car and usually draws a few comments.

Where did you have this poster made & maybe a price?
Old 01-23-2017, 03:38 PM
Mike67nv
Melting Slicks

Received 273 Likes on 194 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Bobonthis
Where did you have this poster made & maybe a price?
I made it myself, the graphics that is, using PowerPoint. Just make it large (you may have to experiment a bit), export it as a .jpg file to a thumb drive. I kept mine at a little over 15MB so it printed nice and crisp.

Costco did the printing on a 20x30 poster board for $24.99. I had another one made last summer because of some mistakes and changes I wanted. Here's a reduced version.

I'm one for not putting pics of the car on a board - the finished car is there for people to see.

Here's how I display it:

Last edited by Mike67nv; 01-23-2017 at 03:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bobonthis (01-24-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 03:49 PM
rtruman
Safety Car

Received 441 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
I think simple is the best way. I have a nice, small custom sign with the relevant info for people who are interested, without a ton of writing making it too busy. It has a photo at the bottom that shows the original paperwork I got with the car, without my having to risk bringing it with me. Inside, I have a repro Owners Manual (in case it walks away) and a repro but aged window sticker, which draws an amazing amount of comments and questions.
Shows really nice
Old 01-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Bobonthis
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike67nv
I made it myself, the graphics that is, using PowerPoint. Just make it large (you may have to experiment a bit), export it as a .jpg file to a thumb drive. I kept mine at a little over 15MB so it printed nice and crisp.

Costco did the printing on a 20x30 poster board for $24.99. I had another one made last summer because of some mistakes and changes I wanted. Here's a reduced version.

I'm one for not putting pics of the car on a board - the finished car is there for people to see.

Here's how I display it:

That's awesome! Great job..
Old 01-24-2017, 07:20 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

When I did the car show thing with my 66 I made a wooden handpainted sign out of an old kitchen cupboard door with all the pertinent facts and thanks to those who helped in the work.
I made a prop bar to keep the hood partially open (12in. maybe) and wired it in place so no fools could mess with it, and put an old revolving color change light under the hood for the disco look!
I propped the hardtop up still bolted to the rear deck by about a foot so folks could see inside easy. That looked pretty cool.
Mylar Mirrors around the perimeter to check out the underneath, and above all else I recommend NOTHING be loose like that half dollar, or Playboy mag, gas cap, air cleaner wing nut, etc, if you want it to be still there after a bathroom/munchies break.
Damn thieves are everywhere.

And a few of these security guards around the car....very necessary!

Last edited by Kerrmudgeon; 01-24-2017 at 07:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bobonthis (01-25-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 09:13 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon
When I did the car show thing with my 66 I made a wooden handpainted sign out of an old kitchen cupboard door with all the pertinent facts and thanks to those who helped in the work.
I made a prop bar to keep the hood partially open (12in. maybe) and wired it in place so no fools could mess with it, and put an old revolving color change light under the hood for the disco look!
I propped the hardtop up still bolted to the rear deck by about a foot so folks could see inside easy. That looked pretty cool.
Mylar Mirrors around the perimeter to check out the underneath, and above all else I recommend NOTHING be loose like that half dollar, or Playboy mag, gas cap, air cleaner wing nut, etc, if you want it to be still there after a bathroom/munchies break.
Damn thieves are everywhere.

And a few of these security guards around the car....very necessary!
Robbie,
What did the security guards charge for their services?
Are they still available for me to hire them for the 2017 Woodward Dream Cruise.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:35 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Just ordered my window sticker today. We will see how long it will take for me to get it.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:27 PM
ejboyd5
Drifting

Received 326 Likes on 189 Posts

I was fortunate to have all the work done for me, although I didn't know it at the time. In 1974, AUTOMOBILE QUARTERLY was doing a piece on the 300 SL and used one of my cars for illustration. Twelve years later I was in the vendors' area at Laguna Seca and found a poster that AQ had done in 1974, a poster that I knew nothing about. I purchased the one copy that I could find, brought it home to have it framed, and it now goes to the few shows that I attend propped up on a small easel next to the car. It saves answering a lot of questions and is a conversation item in itself.

Quick Reply: Car Show - Ephemera: What do you display?