C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

(@Y@) FRIDAY FUNNIES (@Y@) March 18th weekend edition...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 09:42 AM
Roger Walling
Melting Slicks

Received 1,606 Likes on 665 Posts

Telling a joke is a cooperative effort; it requires that the teller and the audience mutually agree in one form or another to understand the narrative which follows as a joke.
The context of the joke telling in turn leads into a study of joking relationships, a term coined by anthropologists to refer to social groups within a culture who engage in institutionalized banter and joking. (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Therefore, if you are not with it, leave it.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:34 AM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Default Just Saying

Old 03-20-2016, 12:26 PM
duramaxsky
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Humor must be somewhat based in truth to work. That's why jokes about Liberals work so well. And why they get so upset about them.
Attached Images  
Old 03-20-2016, 06:31 PM
jerry gollnick
Burning Brakes

Received 248 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger Walling
Telling a joke is a cooperative effort; it requires that the teller and the audience mutually agree in one form or another to understand the narrative which follows as a joke.
The context of the joke telling in turn leads into a study of joking relationships, a term coined by anthropologists to refer to social groups within a culture who engage in institutionalized banter and joking. (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Therefore, if you are not with it, leave it.
So by your definition the humor used segregates us into social groups. Therefore it is the effect and possibly intent of these pictures of dogs ******** on the Secretary Of State's face and the rest of what appears to be "joke" aimed at one group that are of a mostly single political view, to divide us into separate social groups. I guess I would not be comfortable in your social group, thats Ok ,but I though this was a Corvette Forum and what brought us together was our interest and love of Corvettes. Thats why i'm here. If your intent is to further refine the group to a smaller more single minded subset then you are succeeding.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:45 PM
out2kayak
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 271 Likes on 129 Posts

The following users liked this post:
After38Years (03-21-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 07:50 PM
out2kayak
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jerry gollnick
So by your definition the humor used segregates us into social groups. Therefore it is the effect and possibly intent of these pictures of dogs ******** on the Secretary Of State's face and the rest of what appears to be "joke" aimed at one group that are of a mostly single political view, to divide us into separate social groups. I guess I would not be comfortable in your social group, thats Ok ,but I though this was a Corvette Forum and what brought us together was our interest and love of Corvettes. Thats why i'm here. If your intent is to further refine the group to a smaller more single minded subset then you are succeeding.
Not to get too personal, but as I have shown you consistently comment on what you do / do not like and fail to make any attempt to contribute to humor the group.

Please, lets not turn this into Facebook, where your profile clearly identifies your political ideology.

Should you wish to debate things, I'd recommend going to something like yellowbullet.com.

Another point is Mrs. Clinton is no longer the Secretary Of State. She is a presidential candidate, which (for better or worse) provides opportunity for all sorts of jokes. Her actions also entice a host of jokes as well in a similar manner as the late Robin Williams had of politicians in "Good Morning Vietnam".

Old 03-20-2016, 08:34 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by jerry gollnick
I understand that this the CF but do you open and read every thread posted? If you find that some of us that post humor not to your liking, maybe you should put that person on the Ignore list, that way you won't see what they posted. Just a suggestion.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:52 PM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

Here is a thought. If I dont like the show on TV I change the channel. If you dont feel jokes are for you skip them and just read the rest of the Forum.
The following 5 users liked this post by Bowtyeguy:
64Corvette (03-21-2016), Kerrmudgeon (03-20-2016), MAD IN NC (03-21-2016), tuxnharley (03-21-2016), vetsvette2002 (03-20-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Here's a late one, but it made me laugh.

THIS IS THE LAST MESSAGE ABOUT MY DOG!
PLEASE DON'T BOTHER ME ANYMORE!

In response to all the messages about my dog: I'm sick and tired of answering questions about him. Yes, he bit 6 people wearing Obama T-Shirts, 4 wearing Hillary T-Shirts, 2 drivers blasting rap music from their cars, 9 teenagers wearing their pants below their butt cracks, 3 flag burners, and a Muslim taxi driver.

FOR THE LAST TIME...the dog is not for sale! I do not approve of his smoking, but he says it helps get the "bad taste" out of his mouth.
The following users liked this post:
ricks327 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 10:53 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 830 Likes on 574 Posts

Old 03-21-2016, 07:59 AM
out2kayak
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Quick Reply: (@Y@) FRIDAY FUNNIES (@Y@) March 18th weekend edition...