C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Is there a "complete" collection of high res late C1 pics?

Old 03-19-2016, 04:05 PM
johngammel
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C4 of the Year Finalist

Default Is there a "complete" collection of high res late C1 pics?

My one frequently used 1961 reference car was sold and is now "Up North". I now realize after an earlier posting today that what I really need is rather asking for a pic here and there is a resource where someone has a "complete" set of high res pics of an entire correct late C1. Books like Nolan's are OK but nothing beats high res and zoomable pics.

Any recommendations as to where I should look? Alternatively I would be glad to photo a +99% correct car and share them with others (I have my own FTP server) and am going to build a new website.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

If you go to www.c1registrycom and click on the "Downloads" tab and then scroll down a bit you can pull up the old British MIRA analysis of a bone stock original '61. Its black and white but you can zoom in to quite an amazing level of detail and the authors tore a '61 into complete pieces as part of their analysis with lots of pictures. I've used it as a 'benchmark' for may bits of my restoration over the years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is there a "complete" collection of high res late C1 pics?