C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

adjustment on door windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 12:40 AM
easyriderknucklehead
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default adjustment on door windows

I took my door windows off when I greased up the track and motors and put the windows back in and now have alignment problems. the both work but need a little love to get em perfect.
I notice they are sloppy and can possibly fall out of the tracks in position down , I don t think I am missing anything but nothing really holding them in there it seems . the glass shop gave me a strip of the felt to put in the bottoms of the window that squish into the rail but hard to align them.
I took the vent window out it had 3 nuts and 1 in bottom and the rear of the door had 2 Phillips screws too lower one adjusts the rear near door handle adjustment . is there a sequence I should follow.
they go up and down fine.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:22 AM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,621 Likes on 1,953 Posts

I don't recall any factory provided adjustment for the rear track in a forward or backward movement. If it seems that the window is in danger of coming out because the distance between the front and rear tracks is too wide, you can try the following:

- The front track has a slotted adjustment at the bottom that is primarily just for production tolerances but you may be able to "spring" the track a very slight amount to the rear and tighten the bolt.

- If that doesn't close it up enough you can install a shim(s) between the inside of the door fiberglass and the lower track mount at the rear of the door before tightening the screw. That will position it forward a little.

Be sure to test the window to make sure it winds up and down smoothly without dragging.
The following users liked this post:
easyriderknucklehead (03-21-2016)

Quick Reply: adjustment on door windows