C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

You asked.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 11:14 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Know whats sad she fits that car perfectly.
What about us guys esp over 6'?
Love to own one just dont fit!
Old 01-17-2019, 11:28 AM
rick piras
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

At a local Cars & Coffee a local photographer that does aviation themed Pin-up pictures asked if he could use my restomod as a backdrop. I said sure. The lovely lady had legs that were about 48" long with heels that must've been 6" high. The photographer asked if he could have her sit IN the car, I laughed and said "if she can fit, she's welcome to". BTW, didn't this thread start out as something about NCRS?

Old 01-17-2019, 01:01 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 66jack
Lets see a 'COLLAGE' of all the AVATAR'S...
.....let's see coming up on ten years, and I change them out about every week or two......so uh....no way could I post them all up! I don't even save the older ones anymore.......keep my avi file to a slim 4-500 pics in number!
Old 01-17-2019, 02:07 PM
colo63sw
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

And here I was studying the current avatar closely to get a match on the OP. Nice thread Resurrection !
Old 01-17-2019, 06:21 PM
Vetterway
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The only difference between tattooed people and not tattooed people is that tattooed people do not care that not tattooed people are not tattooed!
The following 2 users liked this post by Vetterway:
Frankie the Fink (01-18-2019), Sky65 (01-17-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 07:06 PM
kellsdad
Melting Slicks

Received 771 Likes on 402 Posts

I liked what the TV detective on CSI said about ten years ago when they were trying to identify a dead woman with lots of tattos.
Detective: "How old was she?"
Coroner: "Between 25 and 35. Why?"
Detective: "When they're over 50 tattos indicate a non-conformist lifestyle like biker or hippie. When they're under 40 it indicates a mainstream follower who is just doing what everyone else does."

Like some older folks, I find tattos on otherwise attractive women to be a distraction rather than an enhancement. I don't much care what the ugly ones do.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:07 PM
Sky65
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 612 Likes on 367 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '09, '15

Originally Posted by Vetterway
The only difference between tattooed people and not tattooed people is that tattooed people do not care that not tattooed people are not tattooed!
Well said.
Tom

Last edited by Sky65; 01-17-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:59 AM
kellsdad
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Vetterway
So using that logic, I should not care if someone shows up at a Corvette club meeting wearing a "Ford Rules" shirt. The fact is that people react to the way other people look, dress, talk, smell and behave. No one can simply to decide to be completely neutral about the appearance of another. And I suspect there have been many times when one tattooed person made disparaging comments about another person's tattoo. The only reason tattooed people don't care about not tattooed people is because there is nothing there to provoke a response. And that may be the result of a well considered, deliberate decision. Like choosing to not wear that Ford shirt.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:25 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

With my world travels, military service (including overseas) and my time as a biker sort, I never once even considered a tattoo.

Didn't get it back then and don't get it now -- along with body piercings. I'm odd looking enough already...

My Dad's old joke was the gal that had a big "W" tattooed on each butt cheek and when she bent over, "WoW"!

He had lots of those...

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 01-18-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:18 PM
Vitaminmopar
Burning Brakes

Received 334 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon

A few more from Danielson....(a current day photographer)

Wonder what Jill from the Toyota commercials is doing at Hackberry's General Store? Looks like she should be pumping gas in that position.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:44 PM
Sky65
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kellsdad
So using that logic, I should not care if someone shows up at a Corvette club meeting wearing a "Ford Rules" shirt. The fact is that people react to the way other people look, dress, talk, smell and behave. No one can simply to decide to be completely neutral about the appearance of another. And I suspect there have been many times when one tattooed person made disparaging comments about another person's tattoo. The only reason tattooed people don't care about not tattooed people is because there is nothing there to provoke a response. And that may be the result of a well considered, deliberate decision. Like choosing to not wear that Ford shirt.
If someone showing up at your Corvette club meeting with a "Ford Rules" shirt upsets you that much you need to lighten up. It's a friggin car shirt. And if you judge everyone you see without getting to know them I'm glad I don't know you. It's called PREJUDICE. The rest of your comments are just as ridiculous. How do you know what tattooed people think? They are apparently beneath you and I doubt you would talk to any.

Apologizes to the OP for drifting so far off topic.
Great pics by the way. Keep em coming!
Tom

Last edited by Sky65; 01-18-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:45 PM
kellsdad
Melting Slicks

Old 01-18-2019, 10:12 PM
Sky65
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Hahahaha. Nice. I'm going to save that one!
If it is a response to your post maybe I would like to meet you.
If it was directed to me and your post was an attempt at sarcasm. I missed it. Sorry.
If you were not joking I stand by my response to your post.

Tom

Old 01-19-2019, 06:52 AM
kellsdad
Melting Slicks

My last post was deliberately ambiguous so anyone reading this thread can decide for themself if anyone's posts here seemed like an overreaction. I'm as comfortable letting the larger world decide whether or not they like what I write as I am letting them decide whether or not they like how I dress and decorate my body. I don't get to decide how anyone else should think about me or how they get to express their opinions, so I accept it. .... BTW, it is very rare that I tell anyone on this forum what to do or what is good or bad (e.g., "never paint that survivor car," or "you ought to spend your $10,000 for the correct fuel injection parts." But I do express my opinions (e.g., "if it were mine I wouldn't do that," or "my guess is that you may have a hard time selling it if you paint it that color," or "I find tattos on otherwise attractive women to be a distraction rather than an enhancement." It is never my goal to provoke an angry response. I'm only providing one person's opinion that others may agree, disagree or not care one whit about.

Quick Reply: You asked.......