C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Anybody in Louiville Ky on this forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 08:31 PM
Texasbdog
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anybody in Louiville Ky on this forum

I might need a car looked at if at all possible in the area.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:59 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

Originally Posted by Texasbdog
I am very close. Right across the river in Indiana. You can email your phone number. No pm's.
The following users liked this post:
Texasbdog (04-17-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 09:41 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by MikeM
I am very close. Right across the river in Indiana. You can email your phone number. No pm's.
Mike if you do go look at it.... You can pick me up and buy lunch..
Old 04-17-2016, 09:42 PM
Texasbdog
Intermediate

Email sent.
Thanks
Old 04-17-2016, 09:43 PM
nasteve
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also right across the river in New Albany if you need some help.
Texasbdog (04-18-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 11:49 PM
Don Rickles
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 134 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C3 of Year

Not nearby but, you might want to make sure MikeM brings along his NCRS manuals.

GLWSearch!
Old 04-18-2016, 10:47 AM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Originally Posted by War Bonnet
Not nearby but, you might want to make sure MikeM brings along his NCRS manuals.

GLWSearch!
Mike doesn't need a NCRS Manual to know a good car or what is original. He lived these times..............and if he brings Ernie (Willcox), they have more knowledge than will ever be required for the inspection.

Larry
Texasbdog (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 12:12 PM
58horse
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I live just outside Louisville and would be glad to help but looks like your covered.
Texasbdog (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 02:12 PM
Texasbdog
Intermediate

Default Nice guy alert

How do you repay a guy that won't accept anything for helping you out. MikeM drove over an hour to see a car for me this morning and helped me decide on buying the car. I don't know how to thank him but I'll find a way. With the times being as they are, buying a car 800 miles away is tricky at best and Mike really came through for me. Thanks so much!
Old 04-18-2016, 04:02 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

How do you repay a guy that won't accept anything for helping you out. MikeM drove over an hour to see a car for me this morning and helped me decide on buying the car. I don't know how to thank him but I'll find a way. With the times being as they are, buying a car 800 miles away is tricky at best and Mike really came through for me. Thanks so much!
A lot of Forum guys will not charge just for looking at a car where NCRS guy will charge you anywhere from 200 to $500.00. Any one cay buy the NCRS book and checkout a car. I do not ask NCRS people for anything. Not all but most think they know more then anyone else would ever know about a car and come to find out the are not that sharp on it. That is why I say buy the NCRS book and you will know as much or more they they do. Most Forum guys like Mike and plenty others are just good guys who want to help out some one who is in need of help.
Texasbdog (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Powershift
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
A lot of Forum guys will not charge just for looking at a car where NCRS guy will charge you anywhere from 200 to $500.00. Any one cay buy the NCRS book and checkout a car. I do not ask NCRS people for anything. Not all but most think they know more then anyone else would ever know about a car and come to find out the are not that sharp on it. That is why I say buy the NCRS book and you will know as much or more they they do. Most Forum guys like Mike and plenty others are just good guys who want to help out some one who is in need of help.
Mike:

Come on .............I'm an NCRS guy (Master Judge) and have never charged anyone for a car inspection. It is part of the hobby. I have checked out cars that were for sale for $40K and for $130K.

Besides helping someone, you also get to meet a lot of really nice people who are selling the cars. One guy had a fleet of old cars along with the Corvette, and I spent as much time looking at them as at the Corvette.

I have told folks that if they want to repay me to send any money to one of my charities............our NCRS Louisiana Chapter supports New Orleans Children's Hospital (similar to St Jude). So they get the benefit as well as the OP.

Larry
Texasbdog (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 09:03 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Mike is old school and a great person that I've known my entire life.. he's an old family friend and someone I'm honored to know.

Unfortunately for me he couldn't pick me up because he came from his "vacation home" and not the one just north of me.. I was looking forward to pinching him for a lunch too so my bad luck I'll catch him sometime this summer.

Ernie

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 04-18-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Texasbdog (04-18-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 05:51 PM
Mossy66
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Yeah, fine... Did you buy the car, and if so, where are the pictures?

Gerry
Old 04-19-2016, 08:40 PM
Texasbdog
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mossy66
Yeah, fine... Did you buy the car, and if so, where are the pictures?

Gerry
Hey it's 800 miles! And I have a couple jobs and our 25th ever Bluebonnet Rod Run this coming weekend. My buddy with the enclosed car hauler is drag racing the next Saturday, he races a '63 Corvette called Caged Lightning, so we are leaving a week from Sunday and will try to include a trip to the Museum while we are on the trip. Pictures to come when I get it in my possession. Here is a picture of the drag car to hold you guys over.
Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2016, 08:53 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Powershift
Mike:

Come on .............I'm an NCRS guy (Master Judge) and have never charged anyone for a car inspection. It is part of the hobby. I have checked out cars that were for sale for $40K and for $130K.

Besides helping someone, you also get to meet a lot of really nice people who are selling the cars. One guy had a fleet of old cars along with the Corvette, and I spent as much time looking at them as at the Corvette.

I have told folks that if they want to repay me to send any money to one of my charities............our NCRS Louisiana Chapter supports New Orleans Children's Hospital (similar to St Jude). So they get the benefit as well as the OP.

Larry
Larry I just had one of you brother members in Florida want to charge me $400.00 to look at a 67 Corvette. Hell I drove down there for less then that from Indiana. This was not the first time some of you NCRS brothers have wanted to charge me what I call a large sum of money to look at a car for me. I was not wanting the car gone over with a fine tooth comb I was just wanting to know about the condition and how original the car was. Larry if you have never charged anyone to look at a car for them then you are the first NCRS member I know of to do that. I have a good friend who is a NCRS member and he charges $200.00. I would think you would do it for free to get more people interested in the Corvette hobby. I do it for free so I can get to look at other cars besides my own cars.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:09 AM
Powershift
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
Larry I just had one of you brother members in Florida want to charge me $400.00 to look at a 67 Corvette. Hell I drove down there for less then that from Indiana. This was not the first time some of you NCRS brothers have wanted to charge me what I call a large sum of money to look at a car for me. I was not wanting the car gone over with a fine tooth comb I was just wanting to know about the condition and how original the car was. Larry if you have never charged anyone to look at a car for them then you are the first NCRS member I know of to do that. I have a good friend who is a NCRS member and he charges $200.00. I would think you would do it for free to get more people interested in the Corvette hobby. I do it for free so I can get to look at other cars besides my own cars.
I have never charged anyone in all my years of working on and judging these old cars. This is fifty plus years. Try me.

As stated earlier, when grateful folks want to repay me, I tell them to send any money to New Orlean's Children's Hospital in the name of NCRS Louisiana Chapter, or to send it to our Louisiana Chapter President to include in our annual charity donation for this hospital..

Now if you asked me to travel to Florida or Texas or Mississippi and inspect a car for you, and IF I AGREED TO DO IT, I would probably ask you for expenses. But there are plenty of folks in those states that could do a good or better job than me, so that is not a realistic request. But I have done this for very close friends for no fee or expense. If they lived in the area, I might even stay at their house and visit awhile.

There are paid inspectors out there, and some are NCRS members/judges. And YES they advertise and charge for their service. Many years ago (20+) I PAID someone myself to evaluate a car for me in New Jersey before I booked a flight from New Orleans to go see the car. It was worth it to me.

FWIW.

Larry

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody in Louiville Ky on this forum

Quick Reply: Anybody in Louiville Ky on this forum