C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

54/55 trim colors

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Ktholin
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 334 Likes on 77 Posts
Default 54/55 trim colors

I'm getting ready to paint the inside trunk and convertible top compartment of my 55 in Sportsman Red. Is this paint supposed to be flattened? If so, to what degree? Semi Gloss?

I read somewhere it is flattened similar to the top portion of the dash. Most of these areas have been preciously repainted on my car (incorrectly), so its hard to tell, except for the lower trunk lining which is pretty well preserved. To me, this area looks glossy. I had this panel color matched with single stage polyurethane, but wonder now about the proper gloss.

Last edited by Ktholin; 04-20-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:10 PM
1955 copper
Safety Car

Received 207 Likes on 149 Posts
2015 C1 of Year

Originally Posted by Ktholin
I'm getting ready to paint the inside trunk and convertible top compartment of my 55 in Sportsman Red. Is this paint supposed to be flattened? If so, to what degree? Semi Gloss?

I read somewhere it is flattened similar to the top portion of the dash. Most of these areas have been preciously repainted on my car (incorrectly), so its hard to tell, except for the lower trunk lining which is pretty well preserved. To me, this area looks glossy. I had this panel color matched with single stage polyurethane, but wonder now about the proper gloss.
Glossy and your looking at a original clear instruction sheet , not a paper repro

Last edited by 1955 copper; 04-20-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 54/55 trim colors