C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

IBIZ car wash question

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 09:31 PM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Default IBIZ car wash question

I just washed both Corvettes and the Harley with this stuff and they look great. Even though I like it does anyone have experience with this product, good or bad? Thanks

Last edited by MasterDave; 07-07-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:48 AM
claysmoker
Race Director

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11-'12-'13-'14

Read some of the reviews on Amazon.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:50 AM
BD104X
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 130 Posts

I use cheap hair shampoo from the dollar store. It's gentle & rinses easily. Ive used that for years on all different colors and it's better than any car wash soap I have ever used. Lately I have been adding a few drops of the rinsing agents they sell in the supermarket for dishwashers (store brand version of Jet Dry) and have been very happy with the results but I have only done this on the Vette, which is silver - I have owned many black cars and they are the true test of any washing products & procedures! The shampoo works great though, even on black - trust me.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:24 AM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BD104X
I use cheap hair shampoo from the dollar store. It's gentle & rinses easily. Ive used that for years on all different colors and it's better than any car wash soap I have ever used. Lately I have been adding a few drops of the rinsing agents they sell in the supermarket for dishwashers (store brand version of Jet Dry) and have been very happy with the results but I have only done this on the Vette, which is silver - I have owned many black cars and they are the true test of any washing products & procedures! The shampoo works great though, even on black - trust me.
OK, now that sounds weird.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:05 AM
corvetteed
Team Owner

Received 363 Likes on 250 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

100%. I've used cheap baby shampoo for years on many different colors, including back, red, etc., and its better than any car wash soap. Its gentle and easy to rinse off. No smears; no streaks.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:38 AM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,492 Likes on 1,645 Posts

I use cheap hair shampoo from the dollar store.
Originally Posted by corvetteed
I've used cheap baby shampoo for years on many different colors, including back, red, etc., and its better than any car wash soap.
Do you also use it on your daily drivers which I would guess have more road grime than your Corvette would see?
Old 07-09-2016, 07:39 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,944 Likes on 4,783 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

IMHO your water has more to do with it then the soap
Old 07-09-2016, 08:46 AM
BD104X
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by 3JsVette
Do you also use it on your daily drivers which I would guess have more road grime than your Corvette would see?
Yeah, it works fine. I use a very generous squirt (its $1 a bottle). It's not going to remove tar or tree sap, but I don't think any car wash would. I wouldn't want to use anything too harsh anyway. The few times I have used actual car wash soap, I didn't find it to clean any better, just harder to rinse off. As others have stated, the water also has a lot to do with it and that's why I use the Jet Dry. It's just a rinsing agent so you don't get as many spots and streaks, especially on the glass and the parts of the car that start to dry before you get to them. Try it - if you don't like it, bring the rest of the unused bottle to my house and I will personally give you the dollar back.
The following users liked this post:
3JsVette (07-09-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 08:31 AM
mcb55-210
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

I've been waiting for some paint guys to chime in on this. I've always heard NOT to use any soaps that were not designed for automotive paint. But I can surely see the reasoning behind using the gentle shampoo. Just plain soft water is what I typically use, unless the vehicle is nasty dirty.

Mike
Old 07-10-2016, 09:14 AM
BADBIRDCAGE
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,976 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I have used IBIZ as well as many other "professional" auto shampoos. Some provide more suds than others when mixed in a pail with water.

I have switched to a foam gun and am currently using O' Reilly's basic auto shampoo as it was on sale for $2.99 a gallon at my local store. The foam gun distributes suds evenly regardless of what soap/shampoo is used.

I have to agree with Nowhere Man on water quality. Thorough rinsing and the out comes the electric leaf blower to drive the water off the car and out of the cracks. Works well on a black 2000 convertible.
Attached Images  

Last edited by BADBIRDCAGE; 07-10-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To IBIZ car wash question

Quick Reply: IBIZ car wash question