C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

My turn for a barn find

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 05:59 PM
'65 rat
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chatas1
Thanks everyone. Yes, a big project for sure but like some said, rewarding over time. Evidently the wheels and other parts are in another family members basement. The bad part is that the family members aren't talking. Getting the parts will be a long shot... I'll keep trying. I plan on doing an inventory assessment here soon to determine the needs of the car. The are of concern is the bird cage. It's not bad but there is some rust. Sounds like that's the worst part of the project. Any tricks to accessing it? I haven't done a search yet, sure there are many.
I replaced all wiring harnesses in car, also needed dash skins so removed dash, exposed birdcage very well, luckily l had very little rust, dash harness pretty simple, cluster is pia, lots of info on it, was my last job so fresh in memory, take hundreds of pics!!
The following users liked this post:
chatas1 (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 03:39 PM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,958 Likes on 891 Posts

Call the relatives up and ask them how in the heck they ever got along with the guy?

You played hell trying to finalize a deal for the car.

You found it especially challenging trying to reason with someone who is unreasonable!

That should get them talking to you.

Last edited by ptjsk; 07-26-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:50 PM
chatas1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ptjsk
Call the relatives up and ask them how in the heck they ever got along with the guy?

You played hell trying to finalize a deal for the car.

You found it especially challenging trying to reason with someone who is unreasonable!

That should get them talking to you.
Good strategy.. but I bought it from the kids mom... She passed away about two years ago. I'll work on it.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:26 PM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,958 Likes on 891 Posts

Originally Posted by chatas1
Good strategy.. but I bought it from the kids mom... She passed away about two years ago. I'll work on it.
Alway's something about those pesky details!!
Old 07-26-2016, 08:52 PM
SJW
Le Mans Master

Received 1,401 Likes on 923 Posts

Try offering some cash. Waving some greenbacks under their noses might loosen them up enough to get it done.

Live well,

SJW

Quick Reply: My turn for a barn find