C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Carb Float Housing Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 02:17 PM
veeeight
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carb Float Housing Problem

Just wondering if anybody has had the same problem as myself and what was the solution.
I do not have the original carb on my 66 327/300 but have a List No 3837 which is almost identical to the original but has non adjustable floats. The floats are held in position by a pin which goes into a blind hole in the side of the housing and seems originally to be an interference fit. This pin on the primary housing has come out twice in 2 years causing flooding of the carb. I need to fix the pin back in the housing so it does not come out again. Any suggestions to the best way to do this.

Thanks Phil
Old 07-26-2016, 02:31 PM
Gary's '66
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 192 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by veeeight
Just wondering if anybody has had the same problem as myself and what was the solution.
I do not have the original carb on my 66 327/300 but have a List No 3837 which is almost identical to the original but has non adjustable floats. The floats are held in position by a pin which goes into a blind hole in the side of the housing and seems originally to be an interference fit. This pin on the primary housing has come out twice in 2 years causing flooding of the carb. I need to fix the pin back in the housing so it does not come out again. Any suggestions to the best way to do this.

Thanks Phil
Some photos would definitely be of help.

Gary
Old 07-26-2016, 05:31 PM
PAmotorman
Melting Slicks

Received 150 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by veeeight

Thanks Phil
red Loctite and let it set up before using the float bowl.
The following users liked this post:
veeeight (07-27-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 08:22 PM
ILBMF
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts

Put the pin in the hole and use a very sharp center punch and tap a few dings around the pin to tighten things up
The following users liked this post:
veeeight (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 06:46 AM
veeeight
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All good suggestions. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Carb Float Housing Problem

Quick Reply: Carb Float Housing Problem