C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 corvette coupe information help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 11:04 PM
Vwiggins
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C2 corvette coupe information help?

Can anyone provide any information about the corvette in this picture? Size and type of wheels, modified stock chassis or custom chassis, suspension mods, etc. Thanks for the help.
Attached Images  
Old 07-30-2016, 06:05 AM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

It is a computer drawing. Kind of a nice look. I would suggest you see if anyone makes Halibrand style wheels in 20" plus sizes. A car like this would have extensive bodywork and yes an aftermarket chassis to accommodate.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:24 AM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Vwiggins
Can anyone provide any information about the corvette in this picture? Size and type of wheels, modified stock chassis or custom chassis, suspension mods, etc. Thanks for the help.
The wheels are "Shelby Cobra" style. American Racing and other companies sell them. You will see them on a lot of Mustangs as well as Cobra Kit cars.

Can't tell from the picture what width the tires are as well as wheels, but they could be fitted by any of the means you listed for Chassis, even stock, with skinny tires and little more positive offset, but looks would suffer.

Getting that ride height of the body over the wheels would be the trick.

Also looking at the tire's fitment in fender well opening, and the aspect ratio of tire to rim width look, to get that look would require a tire dia of 28.0" as stock wheel wells were designed for 27" tall tires. That tire has to be at least 28.0" tall to get that much wheel well fill. As narrow as the side wall of that tire is, to get that look it looks like you would need a 22.0" dia wheel to get a 28.0" dia tire with that aspect ratio.

I use 20" wheels and 28.0"+ dia tires to get that look on back. 18.0" wheels with 28.0" dia tires is a better look if you want less of a wagon hoop look to tires and wheels as you get more tire side wall.

18" 28."

20" 26" stock C6 wheel and tire size.

20" 28"

By the way, those pictures showed me I needed to use a light colored paint to try and help the ugly look of wheels. Sort of use Ugly to try and Help Ugly...LOL

The paint is flat black/hot rod black, and you might want to stay with it if you want to build a car with that wheel and stance look. Bright colors or any light color paint would change the entire look of styling.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:30 AM
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaJSB
It is a computer drawing. Kind of a nice look. I would suggest you see if anyone makes Halibrand style wheels in 20" plus sizes. A car like this would have extensive bodywork and yes an aftermarket chassis to accommodate.

And a very large turning radius!!
Old 08-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Vwiggins
Cruising

Can anyone provide any information about the corvette in this picture? Size and type of wheels, modified stock chassis or custom chassis, suspension mods, etc. Source of the picture would be great. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Vwiggins; 08-22-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:23 PM
wolfman64
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 181 Posts
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Can anyone provide any information about the corvette in this picture? Size and type of wheels, modified stock chassis or custom chassis, suspension mods, etc. Source of the picture would be great. Thanks for the help.
Looks like a Bobby Alloway car to me.

http://www.allowaysrodshop.com
Old 08-22-2017, 09:53 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

you can go on Google and reverse lookup the photo and see where it appears - perhaps tracing it to a builder.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:01 AM
Vwiggins
Cruising

Originally Posted by wolfman64
Looks like a Bobby Alloway car to me.

http://www.allowaysrodshop.com
Thank you for the reply. This forum is a great resource.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:03 AM
Vwiggins
Cruising

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaJSB
you can go on Google and reverse lookup the photo and see where it appears - perhaps tracing it to a builder.
Thank you. I was able to find some information about the pictured car using your method.

Get notified of new replies

To C2 corvette coupe information help?

Quick Reply: C2 corvette coupe information help?