C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Header recommendation for 67 small block

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 09:17 PM
DJordan442
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. I've confirmed that my car has the correct 4 speed exhaust with 2.5 inch system necked to 2 inch at the manifolds. I'm still debating what direction to go but am leaning toward a set of AR headers. This will be a fall project and I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:21 PM
C2 Hot Cam Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Default old car

Originally Posted by Hitch
Another vote for Headman headers. I cut the ball and socket off and put vband clamps on to connect to my GNM 3" side pipes. I used Earl's gaskets and stage 8 header bolts. I've had them on my car for almost five years now and no header leaks, no header bolts loosening and nothing but sweet music.

It was cold that day so the puffs of white were H20... now to be totally transparent the compression is 10.5:1 and the cam has .510/.520 lift and a duration of .230/.236 on 110 LSA...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOr_5YHdCxA
I love it
Old 08-23-2016, 11:25 PM
C2 Hot Cam Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Default headers

Originally Posted by DJordan442
Hey guys. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. I've confirmed that my car has the correct 4 speed exhaust with 2.5 inch system necked to 2 inch at the manifolds. I'm still debating what direction to go but am leaning toward a set of AR headers. This will be a fall project and I'll let you know how it goes.
I have had the headman on 2 c2s W the 4 inch pipes Great performance & sound . Increased power , Love them

Quick Reply: Header recommendation for 67 small block