C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Not sure this is going to fly, but...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 10:11 PM
restoman1
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Not sure this is going to fly, but...

I'm trying to track down a 65 Impala 396/425 motor that was sold to a fellow Corvette guy in Indiana last year. Motor was on ebay last year and ended up selling after the auction so the seller doesn't have the buyers info anymore. I was wondering if anyone here purchased the engine. The suffix is T0617IE and the partial VIN is J311087, with a 3855962 casting number and an F-9-5 date code. Engine had the original heads, intake and a service replacement carb. I'm hoping the buyer happens to be a member and frequents the forums and the block hasn't been decked!

As a followup, the reason I've posted this is because the car the engine came out of has been found! It would be nice to reunite the engine with the car, so hopefully the person that purchased it from ebay won't deck it.

If you have ANY info on this engine, PLEASE contact me.

Thanks
Ed

Last edited by restoman1; 08-19-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:12 PM
restoman1
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm going to bring this to the top just this one time in hopes that the buyer will see it and reply.

Ed

Quick Reply: [C2] Not sure this is going to fly, but...