C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Popped DS window channel 65 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 08:23 AM
71scgc
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Popped DS window channel 65 coupe

Greetings,
The other day I had trouble rolling up the driver side window in my '65 coupe. I noticed that the forward window channel (or whatever it's called) had popped out of the window frame at the top. It also appears to be twisted a bit, and requires some force to get it pushed back into the frame in order to raise the window. The rivet seems to have let loose.
Is this something that can be repaired with the frame in the door, or must it be removed?
And yeah, I did a search...

Thanks for any advice!

Carter
Old 08-24-2016, 11:51 AM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 979 Likes on 491 Posts

Those front window frames (for the vent glass and the leading run channel for the door glass) can be a bit of a struggle. To get it right you really need to pull it out of the door, especially if you feel that the front run channel is twisted. I don't think that anyone is reproducing these so you'll have to work with what you have, it's also easier to repair any broken rivets when the assembly is in your hands and off of the car.

Ray
The following users liked this post:
71scgc (08-25-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 08:11 AM
71scgc
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

Ray,
Thanks for the reply. I pulled the remnants of the rivet from the channel yesterday. That was what was putting the twist in the channel. It all seems to be in good nick. There had been a bump in the rear vent widow rubber strip that the window would hang on. A credit card would allow the window to close without hanging up. Curiously, it's no longer there...

BTW, I'm a former okie (Tulsa).

Carter
Old 08-25-2016, 12:33 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 318 Posts

If it is just out at the top, you may be able to use a small pop rivet to put it back without removal from the car or if you can get behind it without bending it, a dab of JB Weld. Of course the best way is removing it from the car. They do BTW make replacement forward sashes for the Coupe if you need that. Pilot Dan

Get notified of new replies

To Popped DS window channel 65 coupe

Quick Reply: [C2] Popped DS window channel 65 coupe