C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Body/Paint Recommendation Seattle Area

Old 08-25-2016, 02:22 PM
blue66
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Body/Paint Recommendation Seattle Area

I have a 66 coupe and it is time for a repaint. Anyone have a recommendation for a shop in the Seattle area? Preferably in the north end.

As always, thanks.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Scott Marzahl
Le Mans Master

Received 193 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by blue66
I have a 66 coupe and it is time for a repaint. Anyone have a recommendation for a shop in the Seattle area? Preferably in the north end.

As always, thanks.
This Sunday is the all corvette show at triple x in Issaquah. Come on out and see some cars and get suggestions. There is corvettes of auburn, and I can't think of the shop in Olympia that does top work but those prices start at about $12k. Depending on condition of car there is a very good place up in mt Vernon, Arlington area.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:29 PM
blue66
Intermediate

Thanks Scott. I'll check it out.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:03 PM
MJP1000
4th Gear

Default Seattle body shops

Originally Posted by blue66

As always, thanks.
I did some research last year and the only body shop I found that dealt mostly with corvettes in the Seattle area was Corvettes of Auburn. Most info I found says they go good work. I got an over the phone "ballpark" quote of $15K depending on condition. They said paint and bodywork was less than that but most owners get the "While it's apart might as well fix/chrome this or that" syndrome which results in a final bill between $10 to $20K. I decided to get all the mechanicals sorted out before I make it look pretty.
BTW, I have a 66 327 and only live a couple of miles from you. After reading a few of your posts it's seem I'm probably a few years behind where you are. Would love to see your car if that 's something you would be interested in.

Mike P
Old 08-27-2016, 07:30 PM
blue66
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MJP1000
I did some research last year and the only body shop I found that dealt mostly with corvettes in the Seattle area was Corvettes of Auburn. Most info I found says they go good work. I got an over the phone "ballpark" quote of $15K depending on condition. They said paint and bodywork was less than that but most owners get the "While it's apart might as well fix/chrome this or that" syndrome which results in a final bill between $10 to $20K. I decided to get all the mechanicals sorted out before I make it look pretty.
BTW, I have a 66 327 and only live a couple of miles from you. After reading a few of your posts it's seem I'm probably a few years behind where you are. Would love to see your car if that 's something you would be interested in.

Mike P
PM sent.

Get notified of new replies

To Body/Paint Recommendation Seattle Area

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [C2] Body/Paint Recommendation Seattle Area