C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1963 Wiper Motor and Blower Ground

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 12:00 PM
ERS1963
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1963 Wiper Motor and Blower Ground

Wiper and Blower inoperative but have deduced that it is a ground issue (disconnected double BW spade connection at blower and grounded wires directly to engine and wipers worked). My question is: does ground take place at spade connector on blower or is ground routed from wiper to blower and then down to terminal on starter? In other words, is the problem at connection on blower or somewhere between blower and terminal ground on starter? I assume that the double BW wire on rear of blower motor is ground wire from wiper and ground wire continuing on to starter?
Old 09-01-2016, 02:31 PM
buns
Safety Car

Received 690 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by ERS1963
I assume that the double BW wire on rear of blower motor is ground wire from wiper and ground wire continuing on to starter?

That is correct.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:59 PM
ERS1963
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buns
That is correct.
"Someone" disconnected the ground wire from the starter and zip tied it to the wire bundle. I recently had the clutch and transmission worked on. Not sure why the shop would have done that. Maybe in the hope of creating more shop work? Mystery solved.

Get notified of new replies

To 1963 Wiper Motor and Blower Ground

Quick Reply: 1963 Wiper Motor and Blower Ground