C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Blowing hot to my neck abover the seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 05:32 PM
yaww
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Blowing hot to my neck abover the seat

I have a problem in my 58 and wonder if anyone has the same experience. When the soft top is covered and I drive fast, I get hot hair blown to my neck from the soft top compartment above my seats, much warmer than outside temperature. Not sure if it is sacking air from bottom of car, circulating from the tank aND blowing, but tank is covered pretty tight withe the cover. So where does this hot air come from?
Old 09-17-2016, 05:35 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

it could be coming out of the trunk through the deck lid/trunk lid hinge cutouts.

I also had this joint open.....

Bill
Attached Images  

Last edited by wmf62; 09-17-2016 at 08:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
yaww (09-22-2016)
Old 09-22-2016, 08:22 PM
yaww
Instructor

Originally Posted by wmf62
it could be coming out of the trunk through the deck lid/trunk lid hinge cutouts.

I also had this joint open.....

Bill
That is an approach. Thanks for picture, is this the view from truck with cardboard removed?
Old 09-22-2016, 09:38 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by yaww
That is an approach. Thanks for picture, is this the view from truck with cardboard removed?
no, that is from the inside behind the driver's seat (same joint is behind the passenger seat) with the seat removed.

the following picture is one of the 2 holes that go into the trunk for the deck lid and trunk lid hinges, picture is taken from the convertible top well side. notice the hole for the hinge arms goes clear through to the trunk

Bill
Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2016, 09:57 PM
yaww
Instructor

Originally Posted by wmf62
no, that is from the inside behind the driver's seat (same joint is behind the passenger seat) with the seat removed.

the following picture is one of the 2 holes that go into the trunk for the deck lid and trunk lid hinges, picture is taken from the convertible top well side. notice the hole for the hinge arms goes clear through to the trunk

Bill
but those holes dont seem to open to any free flow areas under the car, where does the hot air come from then in your case?

Get notified of new replies

To Blowing hot to my neck abover the seat

Quick Reply: Blowing hot to my neck abover the seat