C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] PPI in Norfolk VA

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 06:50 PM
Lusso
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PPI in Norfolk VA

I am still looking for the right 63 coupe. There is an F.I. car near Norfolk VA that I would like to have inspected. Please let me know if there is somebody that could handle this.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 10-17-2016, 03:46 AM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Sir,

There are numerous Corvette enthusiasts in the Norfolk area, I among them; however, given the pricey and highly specific nature of a '63 fuelie, I am unsure if anyone I know is sufficiently knowledgeable and experienced to undertake what you need.

Might someone be willing to just give it a go-no go look? Perhaps. I would offer a non-expert look; however, I am currently overseas.

Most particularly though, inspecting a '63 fuel in a potential fiduciary role is a wholly different animal.

But I'll give you a bump.

Good luck with your search.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:21 AM
Lusso
Intermediate

Easy,
What you suggest is a great idea. The owner of the car is an older gentleman that is not comfortable emailing photos, when asked about trim tags and engine stampings he was not sure where to look. So if someone was willing to take a cursory look at the car for me and send photos of the trim, vin and engine numbers this would allow me to make a decision on how to proceed next. If someone is in the area and willing to take a look please let me know.

Steve
Old 10-17-2016, 11:39 AM
bopewells
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lusso
Easy,
What you suggest is a great idea. The owner of the car is an older gentleman that is not comfortable emailing photos, when asked about trim tags and engine stampings he was not sure where to look. So if someone was willing to take a cursory look at the car for me and send photos of the trim, vin and engine numbers this would allow me to make a decision on how to proceed next. If someone is in the area and willing to take a look please let me know.

Steve
Steve: Give me a call. (757)560-6112. Bert.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:51 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Easy,

Steve
Hmmm....makes me wonder what you've really found. Most owners (especially in the rarified air of the 63 coupe fuelie realm) know their way around the cars remarkably well...
Old 10-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Hmmm....makes me wonder what you've really found. Most owners (especially in the rarified air of the 63 coupe fuelie realm) know their way around the cars remarkably well...
I had the same thoughts.

Either something potentially shady, or an owner who truly has no idea, or doesn't care what it is (or both). Odd, but it can happen.

What's the ballpark actual count on how many SWC fuelies were built?
Old 10-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Lusso
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Mr. Fink,

I wonder as well, thats why I need some eyes on the ground that can give me some feedback. I dont need a NCRS judge (at least not yet) just someone that can look at the basics, then I can decide to investigate further or run away.

Steve
Old 10-17-2016, 09:13 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Mr. Fink,

I wonder as well, thats why I need some eyes on the ground that can give me some feedback. I dont need a NCRS judge (at least not yet) just someone that can look at the basics, then I can decide to investigate further or run away.

Steve
I grew up in Norfolk but live in Florida now or I'd love to take a look at it for you; don't know of anybody up there that I'd recommend anymore
Old 10-17-2016, 09:15 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Mr. Fink,

Steve
PM'ing you.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:09 PM
Powershift
Race Director

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Try Chuck Berg................none better. He does Corvette inspections and appraisals as a business. NCRS Team Leader and Master Judge (many times over).

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-in-nova.html

Larry
Old 10-17-2016, 10:27 PM
Lusso
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Powershift
Try Chuck Berg................none better. He does Corvette inspections and appraisals as a business. NCRS Team Leader and Master Judge (many times over).

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-in-nova.html

Larry
Larry,

Thanks for the tip on Chuck Berg. A member has offered to go by and look at the car. If his report comes back favorable then Chuck may be the next step.

Steve
Old 10-21-2016, 08:20 PM
Lusso
Intermediate

Bert, I wanted to publicly thank you for going and looking at the 63 for me, that was a huge favor. It was not the right car for me but you effort was very much appreciated.

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To PPI in Norfolk VA

Quick Reply: [C2] PPI in Norfolk VA