C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1967 Race season

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 07:33 PM
Makoshark67
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1967 Race season

Hello all.

I am researching the 67 thru 69 race seasons, from impromptu gymkhanas (Mitchell Field,. What I need are pictures of the cars, on the track is best, with respective drivers. That could be any one from The NY A;to bros, Frank Damiani to Dan Gurney, maybe Donahue.
I am in the embryonic stage of reaching out to several dedicated communities here, and it is a history quest, and maybe yield light on some of missing pieces of the mysteries of some of the privateers/skunk-works, et. al.
On the strong lead side has been some eye opening results/material from people we all respect.
I suspect the scope will be primarily US based, only because of credible data regarding The Grand Bahamas series.
I think the Eastern seaboard, localized to Fla is where the trail leads, and that means Sebring, a lot of things fit this model, in my (so far) searching.
I'm reaching out to tribal knowledge of this era. SCCA, USAC, and ...similar (larger/smaller bodies or test beds) Magazine coverage that would perhaps have something - photo, caption a race season following, maybe some clubs in the Sebring are.

All/Any help appreciated, hard evidence would be super, or a lead to a book or photographer. Maybe someones pal who was at a race and noticed the Corvettes (wide berth) and can narrow down with details they may rcall.

Thank You,

Mike
Old 10-21-2016, 12:23 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Moving from the Cars For Sale section to General discussion area.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:44 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

The first stop on any journey like this is at the SCCA Historian. I'm not sure who that is anymore, but the guy in the '80s and '90s had info on almost every race back to the '60s that was SCCA related.

https://www.scca.com/

SCCA MAILING & Shipping Address

6620 SE Dwight St.
Topeka, KS 66619
Telephone Numbers

Toll Free: 1-800-770-2055
Local: 785-357-7222
Facsimile: 785-232-7228

For address changes, please send your updated information along with your member number to: membership@scca.com

Get notified of new replies

To 1967 Race season

Quick Reply: 1967 Race season