C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

to restore race car or not

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 08:05 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by actionguru
TC sounds like you forgot to take your meds.
Asking for real opinions not bolderdash.
It seems like you are the typical type who won't change an error in the way you wrote your claimed story to be more accurate! If you were to claim that your C2 was the first one that the famous Stirling Moss drove, then the story would be more believable and possibly creditable!

So your opening post is wrong where you would appreciate any information is an error?

Ps I am one of the few that has the racing records on these periods and events! I could definitely see if Stirling Moss was or wasn't an entrant in any Pro event anywhere near where your car was or wasn't!
Old 10-23-2016, 08:23 PM
actionguru
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts
AK Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by TCracingCA
It seems like you are the typical type who won't change an error in the way you wrote your claimed story to be more accurate! If you were to claim that your C2 was the first one that the famous Stirling Moss drove, then the story would be more believable and possibly creditable!

So your opening post is wrong where you would appreciate any information is an error?

Ps I am one of the few that has the racing records on these periods and events! I could definitely see if Stirling Moss was or wasn't an entrant in any Pro event anywhere near where your car was or wasn't!
Google- Laurie Craig Westwood Players Pacific 1966
Also look at my pictures.
Take a zanx
Old 10-23-2016, 08:29 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Originally Posted by actionguru
Google- Laurie Craig Westwood Players Pacific 1966
Also look at my pictures.
Take a zanx
And if he got in your car, he was retired from Racing in 1962 about August! He did sport commentating at events after that and liked to stand with cars and drivers for photo shots only! He definitely would not have raced your car!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 10-23-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:00 PM
actionguru
Instructor

AK Events Coordinator

And if he got in your car, he was retired from Racing in 1962 about August! He did sport commentating at events after that and liked to stand with cars and drivers for photo shots only! He definitely would not have raced your car!
Yep . He drove the car around the track to test it for the owner Laurie Craig. Got pics and live interviews plus letter & recorded phone conversations. Never said Stirling raced it.

Like I said in PM "Bet you Stirling Moss drove my car around the race track at Westwood Motorsports Park."

You in.

PS I have all the racing records , TV videos, magazine & newspaper articles & verified statements as well.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:12 PM
actionguru
Instructor

AK Events Coordinator

Bet you 10K .
Come on.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:17 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Ok easy fix!

Stirling Moss had driven Corvettes previously! Your site says probably, so you can clean that up!

He was a Racing Commentator and did do shots and even course commentary laps on occasion! It is possible that he drove it, but definitely did not race it! And to play devils advocate, I don't see him in your car in that picture, even though he is standing close to it and talking to your group! The lady could have jacked the sell price, just because they caught him in a shot with the car! Your story says drove and her signing picture says drove, not raced! It is the way it is coming across is that he was competing in it! I will go back to your picture to see if that is his helmet in her hand! If it is, then he did drive it!

Commentary lap is a talking narrative for the television coverage of the event! Yes rs that would have been what he was doing!

Many top top teams tried to tempt him out of retirement with a lot of very fine drives (GT-40, Lola T-70, etc. ) and he just never would! He talks about that in the autobiography that I have in my book collection! Thus he missed the entire USRRC and the Can Am series and others!

I have all of the SCCA standings for both Regionals and Nationals also for that part of the world! I am sure I have the data on that race in 1966!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 10-23-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:25 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Also pardon me, it is a habit I have when I hear or pickup on things that sound wrong!

Not idriving any Corvettes previously caused my ears to perk up , followed by a story that leads one to believe he raced in 1966 was the second!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 10-23-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:30 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

I actually doubt he tested it!

He may have made a statement that it seemed to handle great or the like! But if factually he drove it, it was related to his Race Commentary job and there honestly probably was footage taken, which is cooler than what you think! In the one picture he is in a full business dark suit (with his television pointer showing he was working in that capacity! And That is not a borrowed driving suit, that suit is one of his actual racing ones!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 10-23-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:38 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

And if your story can get past me, it will easily pass the race car registries review!!!!!
Old 10-23-2016, 09:43 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

I see you posted more while I was posting!

Devils advocate again, Maybe they needed a fast pace car! And Moss did do that on occasion even after retiring!

I will lean toward him driving it! It is good stuff that you have! I am just a stickler for the stories!
Old 10-23-2016, 09:58 PM
actionguru
Instructor

AK Events Coordinator

I see you posted more while I was posting!

Devils advocate again, Maybe they needed a fast pace car! And Moss did do that on occasion even after retiring!

I will lean toward him driving it! It is good stuff that you have! I am just a stickler for the stories!
Our Car won the Canadian championship right after Moss test drove the corvette. Overall Winner not a pace car!
The Owner Driver Laurie Craig worked for Moss as crew on the Grand Prix circuit before Moss was badly injured and retired. A great working and personal relationship.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:02 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Quick Reply: to restore race car or not