Problems with newly rebuilt Muncie - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C1 & C2 Corvettes
General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with newly rebuilt Muncie

Old 02-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #41
DUB
CF Senior Member

I can grasp the concept of the pedal moving to one side due to begin defective BUT...it would do it all the time when pressed if it is messed up. It is not going to 'self correct' itself.

IF the pedal were bad...I can not see how it would act differently and NOT allow the clutch to work when the engine is running and not running. Either the clutch releases or not...there is no in between.

You have your car in gear....have someone push on it and when you begin to press on your clutch pedal....when the car begins to roll...your clutch released. Simple as that.

I have mentioned it and will write it again. Many people do not check the bore concentricity. I have had GM bellhousiing be off as much as .020". I know Centerforce provides paperwork that they want people to check and correct this potential problem.

Also...I ASSUME NOTHING....when I get a new NON MAGNETIC oilite bushing..I check to make sure they go on the input shaft and not bind. And when I install it I am using a tool for installing it an not just beating it in where I can possibly put an impression in it and mess up the center hole. I am NOT saying that some of you messed up here when installing the pilot bushing...BUT...I have seen them where they are beat to crap....and when I pull the transmission and clutch off I can clearly see WHY the problem is occurring. A pilot bushing that was damaged during installation and witness marks on the face of the pilot bushing due to the person ramming the transmission in and missing the hole of the pilot bushing and leaving witness marks in the process.

DUB
DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DUB For This Useful Post:
GTOguy (02-16-2017)
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Problems with newly rebuilt Muncie
  •