C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Kimmo Bought A '53!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Tom Austin
Melting Slicks

Received 1,962 Likes on 664 Posts

Default Kimmo Bought A '53!!!

I got a text last night from Kimmo - the owner of the "World's Fastest C2" - that he'd be in Baltimore today and that we wanted to stop over tonight! It seems he flew over from Finland @ 10 days ago to Vegas for the SEMA show. After spending 4 days in Vegas, he headed to Iowa to pick up his new '53 . . . which he then drove to Baltimore and will be loaded on a ship and headed home late next week.

We had a great chat and Kimmo showed me tons of photos he took while at the SEMA show, and he brought me up to speed on what he's been doing lately. He's also shipping some parts to my house next week and we'll try to figure out how to get them to the '53 before it leaves for Finland. It was great to see him again as the last time he was here he spent the night before heading off to the Texas Mile last fall.

I know you're all dying to see his new '53 . . . so, here goes!!!

. . . well, at least it's a Chevy!!! He has no idea what he's going to do with it when he gets it back home, but knowing him it will be something very special real soon.

Here's a photo of the World's Fastest C2 in my garage when he was here last year:

Have a great weekend!

Tom
The following users liked this post:
Bluestripe67 (11-11-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 09:21 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

awesome....

Bill
Old 11-11-2016, 09:26 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 829 Likes on 573 Posts

Worlds slowest 53....
Old 11-11-2016, 10:41 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,465 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Pretty cool!
Old 11-12-2016, 07:47 AM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

I'm sure that Kimmo has shipped more than a few things over seas and knows well what he is doing. It has been a few years for me, but one thing I was cautioned about more than once was not to ship anything of value, or that you might need soon after arrival with the vehicle. Too often those things disappear in transit ...mysteriously.

Admittedly, all of my shipping was to and from the Pacific.

Good luck... GUSTO
Old 11-12-2016, 08:35 AM
Tom Austin
Melting Slicks

Received 1,962 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by GUSTO14
I'm sure that Kimmo has shipped more than a few things over seas and knows well what he is doing. It has been a few years for me, but one thing I was cautioned about more than once was not to ship anything of value, or that you might need soon after arrival with the vehicle. Too often those things disappear in transit ...mysteriously.

Good luck... GUSTO
Gusto . . . yes, an interesting observation. What most folks don't realize is how Kimmo got his car over here . . . he actually stuffed his '65 inside his race trailer - and they loaded the trailer on the ship (Kimmo works for the shipping company in Finland). Here's a photo of Kimmo arriving at my house last Fall - that's his lovely wife directing "traffic"!. He dropped the big trailer off @ a local storage company and rented a much smaller trailer that he towed across the country!

Last edited by Tom Austin; 11-12-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:44 AM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Originally Posted by GUSTO14

Good luck... GUSTO
This has been my experience as well. In fact, contractors that ship cars from the US mainland to points westerly (Pacific) prohibit any loose articles in the cars themselves, down to the floor mats and owner's manuals/folder. Everything is placed into a two-person inventoried, sealed, box that is taped on all sides and corners, and signed/marked across the tape.

However, if you set up your own TEU sea-land container, you can fill it up with whatever you want, which I'm guessing Kimmo is doing.

Nice '53. Seems Kimmo has a thing for American wheels.

Last edited by Easy Rhino; 11-12-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Kimmo Bought A '53!!!

Quick Reply: Kimmo Bought A '53!!!