C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

procar set install

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 09:14 PM
candipogo
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default procar set install

I just got a set of procar seats with new sliders and bases for my 64 roadster. any tips on the installation? anything I need to watch out for? seats and hardware appear to be top quality. but, instructions are a little vague.
thanks,phil
Old 01-23-2017, 09:54 PM
oldpainter
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by candipogo
I just got a set of procar seats with new sliders and bases for my 64 roadster. any tips on the installation? anything I need to watch out for? seats and hardware appear to be top quality. but, instructions are a little vague.
thanks,phil
I tried to install pro car rally 1000 in my 67 roadster last month, put the sliders on and just set in without the bracket...looked real nice. Then tried to slide in, it was a pain to slide under the steering wheel. Decided I wasn't going put up with that....and took them back. I've seen mid years with them and I think they look nice, maybe they had a tilt column. I do have a smaller dia. steering from 69 or 70 and I'm not a big person 5-8 I wish I could have made them work!!!! I got them from Speedway here ,few miles away so I didn't have any problems with shipping.
There a lot of members here that has these seats with no trouble.

Quick Reply: procar set install