C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C1 & C2 Get together Sept 2017 @ Corvette Funfest

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 05:18 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Oh, Ok well I guess if anyone else is thinking about going they had better call soon and book there room. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Nothing better then C1 & C2 Vettes.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:20 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

I guess 10 rooms or less are left for the gathering of the C1 & C2 Forum Group. You may want to get your room fast if you plan on going. See first posy for room information.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:18 PM
BB767
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 354 Likes on 148 Posts

Well shoot Mike, I'm going to miss you and the event again this year and it sounds like you're going to have a ball.

Name:  TechWithBob.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  162.6 KB

That weekend, is always the big race season ending Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race held in Stanton, Michigan. We usually get about 150 -175 very cool cars at the event and, well, racing my car is just more fun, what can I say? My heart will be with you though.

Stop by the shop on your way home Sunday if you get a chance. I'll be back by then.

Thomas
Old 02-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BB767
Well shoot Mike, I'm going to miss you and the event again this year and it sounds like you're going to have a ball.

That weekend, is always the big race season ending Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race held in Stanton, Michigan. We usually get about 150 -175 very cool cars at the event and, well, racing my car is just more fun, what can I say? My heart will be with you though.

Stop by the shop on your way home Sunday if you get a chance. I'll be back by then.

Thomas
Thomas are you going to do Bloomington Gold this year? If so I will be there with my grandson on Sat. he don't know it yet but he is going to drive my 67 Sunfire Vette around the Indy track and have his pic taken doing it. If you are going to be at Indy for the Vintage Races I will be there also with Brett who will be racing his Challenge Corvette and will be helping him in the pits with his car. When I go home on Sunday from Funfest I just take I 70 all the way to Indy.

Last edited by Mike Terry; 02-26-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:26 AM
BB767
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 354 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
Thomas are you going to do Bloomington Gold this year? If so I will be there with my grandson on Sat. he don't know it yet but he is going to drive my 67 Sunfire Vette around the Indy track and have his pic taken doing it. If you are going to be at Indy for the Vintage Races I will be there also with Brett who will be racing his Challenge Corvette and will be helping him in the pits with his car. When I go home on Sunday from Funfest I just take I 70 all the way to Indy.
Mike, unfortunately I can't make Bloomington Gold this year either.

Name:  IMG_2856.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  134.9 KB

That's the weekend for the Factory Stock muscle car drag racing at Martin Michigan. I swear it's a vast conspiracy to keep me from Corvette events and it's pretty annoying I'll tell you!

All is not lost however, Chris and I will be crewing at Indy again...

Name:  IMG_9224_zpszsenlyym.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  86.4 KB

...for both Indy vintage events, the Open Wheel Challenge June 8-11 and the following week, 14-18 for the Brickyard Vintage Racing Invitational. We should be able to get together when you're there I would think, let's just plan on it.

I figured you take I 70 to Effingham so no worries. You and Bob will just have to make a special trip over sometime.

See you at Indy.

Cheers, Thomas
Old 02-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Looking forward to seeing you and Chris again. See you at the Vintage Races in Indy.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

There have been sum 1140 hits on this thread checking out for the C1 & C2 Corvettes getting together this September at Corvette Funfest in Effingham IL. at Mid America Motorworks. I started out with a block of 20 rooms at the Best Western Hotel and last I heard is there were maybe 10 rooms left. I have not called to check and I will not for a while so that being said if there is or are any other members wanting to get together for this event you may want to get you a room now and register at Funfest. All that contact information in in the first post on this thread. Soon I will contact Mid America and have them hold a spot for all to park your cars and be together. I will post that information later so be on the lookout for it.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

I was just contacted by Mia and she just told me that only 1 person has called to reserve a room and has others calling in and wanting rooms and she don't feel that it is fair to hold the rooms and know one is calling in to reserve them. So she is going to go ahead and rent out the rooms to first people calling in gets the rooms so if you plan
Old 03-04-2017, 11:41 AM
R66
Le Mans Master

Received 1,533 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Mike,

This is our first FunFest and thus we are looking for information on when the FunRun and other events start so we may schedule our days. I sent an Email to them with a request for times, but in addition, am looking for some info on meeting with other C1 & C2 forum members.

Do you plan on this being by chance, or maybe at the motel for brunch or coffee or drinks, etc.? With thousands of people invading Central Illinois, it will be hard to determine which are forum members.

Thanks

We have found most of the fun at these events is meeting the people behind the cars.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:02 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by R66
Mike,

This is our first FunFest and thus we are looking for information on when the FunRun and other events start so we may schedule our days. I sent an Email to them with a request for times, but in addition, am looking for some info on meeting with other C1 & C2 forum members. Keep following the thread there will be more info posted about meeting and things or if you have questions post them or send me a PM

Do you plan on this being by chance, or maybe at the motel for brunch or coffee or drinks, etc.? With thousands of people invading Central Illinois, it will be hard to determine which are forum members.

Thanks

We have found most of the fun at these events is meeting the people behind the cars.
I may be by my car most of the time, I will be the guy with the Sunfire Yellow 67 Coupe that is in the 1967 Corvette display. You can also call my cell if you would like and we can meet up 317-945-5121 I will be in the Fun Run but may be in a different Corvette. I probably will not check in to the Hotel till after the Fun Run. I will also probably eat dinner at the steak house next to the Hotel. The Fun Run will be on Thursday in the mid day afternoon. Not sure what time it will be. If you need anything else pleas call or e-mail me mikes54vet@aol.com I hope you have booked your room already.

Last edited by Mike Terry; 03-04-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Eric B
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, do you still recommend the standard registration not club registration?

Quick Reply: C1 & C2 Get together Sept 2017 @ Corvette Funfest