C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

62 Instrument wiring harness routing

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 08:31 AM
LouBog
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 62 Instrument wiring harness routing

Hi All,

Does anyone have pictures on how to route the instrument wiring harness under the dash? I didn't remove the original so my reference is only the AIM (Sect 12, sheet 12). Unfortunately I can't tell by the diagrams where to route the harness once it comes through the firewall. It seems to me it must run behind the kick panel. The sheet shows that it is clipped at the body corner and appears to wrap around a corner, then gets retained by a clip, probably one of the clips mounted to the windshield screws. I'm not certain where this could possible wrap around per the diagram. I'm just missing something here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here's a couple of pics.
Thanks!
LouB
Attached Images    
Old 02-23-2017, 08:13 PM
havasumark
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LouBog
Hi All,

Does anyone have pictures on how to route the instrument wiring harness under the dash? I didn't remove the original so my reference is only the AIM (Sect 12, sheet 12). Unfortunately I can't tell by the diagrams where to route the harness once it comes through the firewall. It seems to me it must run behind the kick panel. The sheet shows that it is clipped at the body corner and appears to wrap around a corner, then gets retained by a clip, probably one of the clips mounted to the windshield screws. I'm not certain where this could possible wrap around per the diagram. I'm just missing something here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here's a couple of pics.
Thanks!
LouB

LouB,

Here is a picture how I routed mine... Did not route behind the kick panel. From the picture I routed over the pedal assembly support. That was the only way I could get the harness to reach across to the door light switches.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
solidaxel (06-06-2018)

Quick Reply: 62 Instrument wiring harness routing