C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

So, who do you wish to thank here on the forum for their help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 07:06 AM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Sometimes someone sharing their philosophical approach to restoration is more important than some technical advice and will save your sanity
This - totally. Sometimes you need the "how does this work?" talk, and sometimes you need the "just put the wrench down" talk, or even "what were you thinking?" talk.

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon
Too many years.....too many members who gave advice....some great, some well..not so great, but it's the thought that counts.
I'll add this - even the naysayers add value in that they salt the trail for others to weigh in with even more arguments. In the end, even the minority opinions help.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:15 AM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Easy Rhino
I'll add this - even the naysayers add value in that they salt the trail for others to weigh in with even more arguments. In the end, even the minority opinions help.

... the 'Ralph Naders' of the world invoke/provoke thought..

Bill
Old 02-28-2017, 07:42 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

98% of the advice people need on these cars is already sitting around somewhere on the forum. Lots of times it just takes a nudge to get that in front of owners.

I love it when somebody that knows their way around shares some 'tidbit' I hadn't heard before; lately that's been Critter1 with his seemingly endless knowledge of '63s...
The following users liked this post:
nrbc7 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 07:58 AM
corvetteed
Team Owner

Received 363 Likes on 250 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by 71scgc

Finally, Kerrmudgeon, for the inspiring and ever-changing avatars!!

Carter
Kerrmudgeon never disappoints
Old 02-28-2017, 02:44 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 705 Likes on 383 Posts

For me there are so many. The top of the list is JohnZ. He has great first hand knowledge and is so free to share it. Huge for me was when someone asked for someone to do an inspection. He said that" Provette67 would be the only guy I would use". No higher endorsement could I have received.
JimGessner like John has so much knowledge. He has been a great sounding board for me through the years.
DZAUTO, Tom Parsons helped me to identify early T10 tans. Info that I could not find on the web after days of searching. And even though I have never seen them in person from what I have seen here I think that his cars are cool!
Bill Wilhelm gave me great tips when I restored my own original KO wheels.
These are just a few. Like others have said l have learned from so many of you while reading these threads.Through this forum I have met friends all over the country.
I also want to thank all that sent me PM,emails,cards and phone calls when my Pops passed away a few months back. Great to know that others care. Even if we had never met in person.

Last edited by provette67; 02-28-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:15 PM
FASTZ
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by provette67
For me there are so many. The top of the list is JohnZ. He has great first hand knowledge and is so free to share it. Huge for me was when someone asked for someone to do an inspection. He said that" Provette67 would be the only guy I would use". No higher endorsement could I have received.
JimGessner like John has so much knowledge. He has been a great sounding board for me through the years.
DZAUTO, Tom Parsons helped me to identify early T10 tans. Info that I could not find on the web after days of searching. And even though I have never seen them in person from what I have seen here I think that his cars are cool!
Bill Wilhelm gave me great tips when I restored my own original KO wheels.
These are just a few. Like others have said l have learned from so many of you while reading these threads.Through this forum I have met friends all over the country.
I also want to thank all that sent me PM,emails,cards and phone calls when my Pops passed away a few months back. Great to know that others care. Even if we had never met in person.
So sorry to hear about Pops. He was a fixture at all of the car events. Since we have moved we don't get any of the Ohio news.
The following users liked this post:
provette67 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 11:06 PM
61ratvette
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Being just a year old member. I have to thank the majority of all that have already been mentioned. i have asked, bought and searched at least 3/4 of my rebuild of my 61 off this forum.. still some to do, but will be finally driving it this summer .
Old 03-03-2017, 12:52 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by 61ratvette
Being just a year old member. I have to thank the majority of all that have already been mentioned. i have asked, bought and searched at least 3/4 of my rebuild of my 61 off this forum.. still some to do, but will be finally driving it this summer .
you type well for a one year old
Old 03-03-2017, 01:11 AM
61ratvette
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
spell check
Old 03-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
LOL.

Quick Reply: So, who do you wish to thank here on the forum for their help?