C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

What is the best approach for replacing through trunk exhaust tunnells on 60 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Nelson60
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best approach for replacing through trunk exhaust tunnells on 60 corvette

Anyone know how to approach replacing the exhaust tunnels that go through the trunk on a 60 corvette. Mine are there but rusted through in places. If it's ridiculous to replace them, then I will try and repair them. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:26 PM
SolidAxle
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelson60
Anyone know how to approach replacing the exhaust tunnels that go through the trunk on a 60 corvette. Mine are there but rusted through in places. If it's ridiculous to replace them, then I will try and repair them. Thanks.
Not the end of the world, unless the car already has final paint on it. Need to drill out the seam rivets, remove the Phillips screws, split the upper rear surround from the lower surround, remove the old, install the new and glue/rivet the surround back together. Use the correct metal replacement tunnels.

Quick Reply: What is the best approach for replacing through trunk exhaust tunnells on 60 corvette