C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] 67 Coupe Upper/Rear Window Channel

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:21 PM
Mike F
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 Coupe Upper/Rear Window Channel

I am installing new upper/rear window channels in my 67 coupe. It runs into the top of the door, down the back and into the steel, lower rear channel. I've put the new felt into the lower steel channel as well. Does the new upper/rear channel clip into the lower channel through the felt? Push the "bubble" clips through the felt and into the holes on the lower rear steel channel? Worried there's too much material in that channel and would make the glass hard to roll up and down. Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2017, 01:03 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

The new upper channel clips in through those bubble clips and just butts up against the lower channel. There is no overlap in the two.

Once you install the upper channel and the same for the lower channel felt.. We have a little trick here we've been doing for years with a 1/4" crafsman ratchet... The handle of this old ratchet is the correct spacing needed for the door glass to pass through both smoothly, so once we have the lower channel lined we pass this through the channel making sure it is smooth, then once we have the upper channel in place we do the same to it. If the handle can pass through smoothly then we know the glass will be perfect when we re-assemble.

IMHO

Willcox
Old 03-24-2017, 01:13 PM
Mike F
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Willcox Corvette
The new upper channel clips in through those bubble clips and just butts up against the lower channel. There is no overlap in the two.

Once you install the upper channel and the same for the lower channel felt.. We have a little trick here we've been doing for years with a 1/4" crafsman ratchet... The handle of this old ratchet is the correct spacing needed for the door glass to pass through both smoothly, so once we have the lower channel lined we pass this through the channel making sure it is smooth, then once we have the upper channel in place we do the same to it. If the handle can pass through smoothly then we know the glass will be perfect when we re-assemble.

IMHO

Willcox
Thanks so much. I've read threads here that talk about installing/not installing a lower screw in that steel rear channel I assumed was for the channel liner and "slotting" the top bubble clip hole for easier channel installation. What are the 2 oval shaped holes and the round one at the bottom of the steel lower channel for? So glad to here they do not overlap!
Old 03-24-2017, 01:55 PM
Mike F
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Mike F
Thanks so much. I've read threads here that talk about installing/not installing a lower screw in that steel rear channel I assumed was for the channel liner and "slotting" the top bubble clip hole for easier channel installation. What are the 2 oval shaped holes and the round one at the bottom of the steel lower channel for? So glad to hear they do not overlap!
My confusion is from tearing the old channel liner out of the steel lower/rear channel.. Picture shows what I pulled out. No felt liner in the steel rear channel but what looks like the upper/rear channel going all the way to the bottom. Maybe there were made either way from the factory? With a felt liner or with the longer upper channel going all the way to the bottom of the steel lower rear channel?
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To 67 Coupe Upper/Rear Window Channel

Quick Reply: [C2] 67 Coupe Upper/Rear Window Channel