C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 fuel sender strainer

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 04:59 PM
Renwaltoys
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default C2 fuel sender strainer

Hi guys,
Just received a fuel sender back from John Wolf after being rebuilt. I sent it to him missing the strainer (sock) and thought that it would be replaced as part of the rebuild. When it wasn't I gave them a call to ask why. They spent a lot of time with me on the phone and were very gracious. They explained that they had several problems with reproductions coming out of China deteriorating in the tank and causing problems. So they do not replace them any longer. Does anyone still make these in the USA? Would a NOS unit still be fresh enough to use or do they deteriorate with age? Has anyone just left them off?
Hope this isn't a stupid question and be assured that your opinions and experiences are truly valued. Thank you, Duke

Last edited by Renwaltoys; 03-24-2017 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,942 Likes on 4,781 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Happend when I sent one to them. I went to Advance auto and had the counter guy pull all the ones out and looked through them and tried some until I found one that fit and would work
Old 03-24-2017, 05:21 PM
Renwaltoys
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
Happend when I sent one to them. I went to Advance auto and had the counter guy pull all the ones out and looked through them and tried some until I found one that fit and would work
How long have you been using it? Any problems? By any chance did you make a note of the partnumber? Thanks, Duke
Old 03-24-2017, 05:48 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,942 Likes on 4,781 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Well the car only has about 20 miles on it since we finished it. But no problems so far. But I don't have the part number we used. I also tried the repro sold by LIC and it was to loose on the sender just a FYI

Get notified of new replies

To C2 fuel sender strainer

Quick Reply: C2 fuel sender strainer