C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Calling master Dave

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 09:13 PM
TheOman
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Calling master Dave

Dave I need some help.

Can you contact Troy and ask him to look at my messages related to performance of the forum???? The messages are all posted here in C1 /C2 cause I was wondering if anyone else has the same problems. This Forum and the Chevelle Forum (which I think are running the same software) have the same problem from my PC. Everything was OK till a few days ago then poof both forums messed up.

If Troy can look at my problem description and send me some ideas at The_Oman49@hotmail.com I would greatly appreciate it. I think the issue is related to my PC but it is also related to how I transmit to the forum and I am way over my head here.

The short version here is that as I type a reply or a new thread I can type an entire line or more without anything echoing back to the screen in the topic text box. As I am typing toward the end of a sentence or a group of words and I stop pounding the key board the letters begin to appear back at the start of what I typed. The letters that I have typed appear a letter at a time till everything has been displayed. It just does not happen simultaneously as it formerly did. It is like whatever I have typed has been buffered up in some text buffer and it is transmitted after I stop typing.

I think I am working locally on my PC when I type my response / comments and this problem does indeed occur on another forum. By "working locally" I mean there is no bidirectional interaction between me and the forum software or the forums computer till I hit post or send. I believe the problem is local because of that understanding of how this system works and i might be wrong about even that assumption. I wonder if something in some config. setting has been blitzed or there is a version incompatibility issue or something. Anything i do with the forum..scrolling down a page by pulling the scroll bar or scrolling thru the tect I have typed is a very slow notchy process. It is like my PC does not want to immediately interact with the forum software. It will do what I want but it is VERY slow in responding and displaying what i typed or in moving the screens via the scroll bar.

[Modified by TheOman, 9:22 PM 6/7/2003]

[Modified by TheOman, 5:13 PM 6/8/2003]
Old 06-09-2003, 11:56 AM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Re: Calling master Dave (TheOman)

Others have the same and varied problems. I for one could get no pics at all and even some of the emicotons and other things were missing even though you could go to the area that they were at and click on an invisible section and it would work. This is being addressed as we communicate.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:45 AM
vette1973c3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Side Pipes

Hi Dave,
I just add side pipes for my c3 from Allens Exhaust(attched Picture)oud, i sow some postes in the group saying that you got seloution to reduse the sound. Could you please let me know.

Thank you
Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2014, 03:12 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by vette1973c3
Hi Dave,
I just add side pipes for my c3 from Allens Exhaust(attched Picture)oud, i sow some postes in the group saying that you got seloution to reduse the sound. Could you please let me know.

Thank you
This thread is eleven years old, is unrelated to your subject matter, and is in the wrong forum (should be in the C3 forum). You should re-post it over there if you want a meaningful answer.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:07 PM
vette1973c3
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnZ
This thread is eleven years old, is unrelated to your subject matter, and is in the wrong forum (should be in the C3 forum). You should re-post it over there if you want a meaningful answer.
Thanks man 😀

Get notified of new replies

To Calling master Dave

Quick Reply: Calling master Dave